IMAGINE* Mr. Ovenshire (Joven)

It was your and Joven's three year anniversary soon. You had met at a bar after you passed yours (ba dum tiss) and you spent the night laughing with the cute Youtuber. As a lawyer, you were always surrounded by the dullest of people and Joshua Evan Ovenshire was your escape from the world of briefcases and divorce cases. Don't get me wrong, you loved your job but it was so dry. There were days when you envied your boyfriend and his friends who could make money just having a good time. You were slightly tipsy when you confessed this to your best friend of Joven's Miss Boze Bozeington. Ericka and you had met at an event somewhere down the line and you adored the sassy brunette. She could always make you laugh and always keep it real with you and you appreciated that. When she began her passion project, Smosh and Order, you were immediately asked if you could defend one of their cases but the timing was never right. That it, until the trial of Smosh Games v. Wesley Alan Johnson. You were secretly brought on board to defend Wes and his terrible "Wild Wild Wes Rap". 

    You waited behind the door for your cue. When the music began to play you adjusted your blazer and held your head high while you walked down the aisle to your desk. You tried to hold back your laughter as you saw Joven's eyes widen and his feet quickly fall off of the table. 

    "How you like me now Joven?" Wes teased in his ridiculous costume. "She's a real lawyer." 

    "I know, she's my girlfriend," Joven laughed before whispering to Mari, "is this for real?"

    "Shouldn't we be on the other side?" you asked Boze as Joven wrapped his head around the fact that he was arguing against both a real lawyer and his girlfriend. 

__

    "Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, my client's rap constitutes an original work of authorship under the 1976 Copyright Act. As such, he obtained a copyright interest in his composition the moment the lyrics became fixed in his cell phone, and Smosh's repeated use of the song over and over in their videos is a blatant act of Copyright Infringement. We are seeking damages as well as an injunction against Smosh. We are also going to be seeking communitive damages because really, we're all familiar with the song, we saw it, it's not a great song,"

"We should maybe play it again though!"

"No. It's bad. We know that. That's not the issue. The issue is, that Smosh should not be allowed to perpetuate this kind of Copyright Infringement in the way that over and over and over is going to ruin this poor young man's life and floor his ability to own a rap career and we believe that nothing less than a small fortune will fully compensate my client. Thank you." You treated this like any other case with knowledge of its informality and were applauded at the end of your opening statement. 

___

    "Are they paying you?" Joven asked you at some point of the trial. You remained quiet. "If I do the dishes,"

    "How long?" 

    "One week?" 

    "No." 

___

    "Did you know that writing lyrics down in a phone counts as a tangible medium of expression under the 1976 Copyright Act?" You asked Damien or "Brendyyyyyn" as he was portraying. 

    "Wait, wait, wait, can you just say that again?" Joven asked from his seat with a little something in his eyes. To say that 'lawyer talk' was not used around the house or  *ahem* bedroom, would be a flat lie. 

    "We're beyond that," you smirked. 

___

    "I am about to read some lyrics from the 'Wes Rap', tell me if these lyrics sound familiar to you. 'My name is Wes/ I'm from the Wild Wild West/ I'm about to get shot in my motherfucking chest.'" All of your self-control went into not laughing as you read the ridiculous lyrics.

    "Wow, congratulations guys you got a lawyer to read the Wes Rap." Joven laughed putting his feet back on the table, you gave him a look as you hated when he did that and he quickly put his feet down.      

___

      The jury ruled in your favor and the cameras stopped rolling. You all had a good laugh as Joven made his way over to you. 

    "Mr. Ovenshire," you teased, holding your hand out. He wasn't quite so formal as he grabbed either side of your torso and slightly tugged you towards him, catching your lips with his. 

    "Call me that again," he teased, mumbling against your lips. Your hands made their way up to his hair. Your fun was cut short by Boze loudly clearing her voice. 

    "Geez girl, remind me to never invite you to anything that will result in you snogging Joven in front of all of us." She teased as you rolled your eyes and Joven snaked his arm behind your waist. 

    "Deal," you laughed before turning again to your boyfriend. "Wanna get out of here," You asked before adding, "Mr. Ovenshire?"  He smiled at you widely before kissing you again and the two of you headed home to celebrate your anniversary in private. 

____

I've had this idea for three weeks. I knew exactly what I wanted to happen. IT TOOK SO LONG TO TRANSCRIBE THAT DAMN LAWYERS LINES FROM THE VIDEO. Anywhoozle new requested preference soonish then wedding mini-series probably unless any of yall have other requests. Trying to find time to restart Shouldn't too and like second semester just started and AP tests soon sooooo yeah it's a lot.