Chapter Twelve

The next two days go smoothly. Will doesn't approach Bella, his face black and blue under the concealer that he has one. She tries not to think about him much, and ignores every message he sends her. He's sorry, sure he is. But if he is really sorry, he can say it to her face. Right now she just wanted to focus on getting this baby project done with and graduating. And whatever she feels for Hale because butterflies erupt in her stomach when he smiles. He always greets her with the biggest smile. It's almost as if it's night and day with him. He walks around with a look that could kill, but it vanishes as soon as he sees her. It made him irresistibly attractive.

But after finding out that Hale's a virgin, she can't see him the same. There is nothing wrong with it. She just didn't expected that one. Surely with his generous luck in the gene pool and being a lead singer in a band, he would have lost it by now. But deep down, she found it cute that he is a virgin.

Plus, it gives her more ammo to tease him with.

Abbey went home with him Sunday night and Monday. They planned on trading today after school, especially since Hale has rehearsal. For some reason, she felt insanely proud of him for the work he does for the band and how dedicated he is. She is also proud of the others, but more so for Hale. After all, he is her 'baby daddy'. As Omar puts it.

"Hey, Bella!" Bella turns to watch Viv chase her down on her way to lunch.

"Hey," Bella smiles, trying to ignore the people around them that turn to stare at her.

Viv walks along side her as she strolls casually down the hall. People part for Bella now too, but she doesn't want to think that now she's associated with Hale they notice her. It was a terrifying thought. "So, I was thinking we'd go shopping today after school and then go to the gig because it's a long drive and I have absolutely nothing--"

Bella pauses, turning to look at her with a confused expression, "Gig?"

Viv frowns, looking down at Bella, her dangling ear rings jiggle as she recoils. "What? Hale didn't invite you?"

"No." Hurt immediately spread through her chest, dampening her mood. It clawed it's way up her throat, making it close in attempt to conceal her reaction. Was there a gig tonight? Why hadn't he asked her this morning? Maybe he just didn't want her there. She should be okay with that.

"How dare he not invite you!" Viv exclaims, her outburst cut short by a bored, slightly irritated voice.

"I would have, at lunch, if it weren't for your big mouth." Hale grumbles, shoving his hands in his pockets as he walks past them. Viv flips him off and eventhough his back is turned, he retorts with the bird himself, holding it up until he walks into the lunch room.

Viv and Bella follow, "Anyway, like I was saying, we should go shopping. I have nothing to wear and I could use some girl time."

Bella wondered what shifted between them that she was getting invited out with Viv. She's seen the girl surrounded by other friends, probably closer friends. Bella sits next to Hale, smiling at him. His face immediately turns from frowning to smiling back at her. It makes her heart flutter.

"Okay." Bella agrees to go with Viv, who had plopped herself down next to Dom across the table.

"Leave Bella alone, she probably has better things to do. You have other friends." Omar scolds, rolling his eyes. Bella looks around the table, noticing that Jinx isn't here. And judging by Omar's foul mood, they've been fighting again.

Jinx

Are you okay?

She texts, slipping her phone into her pocket again. Hale looks at her curiously, his lips forming a question only to be cut off by Viv. "My other friends are a bore. I want to hang out with Bella."