Chapter Twenty

Bella rolls over to face Hale. He raises an eyebrow, cradling Abbey in his arms. She shuffles closer, so her body lies next to his sitting form. She holds her phone out so he can see around Abbey. On the screen is a unicorn cake. They already planned to have a bouncy house, cookie decorating, a pinata, some other games and a camp out. It was all happening at Dom's family's house with many of Colton and Mia's friends. And of course families.

"She'll love it." Hale assures her.

Bella chews her lip, causing heat to flood Hale's body. "I hope she likes me."

Hale rolls his eyes, in the short time Bella has been at his house, after their celebratory lunch, she's said that at least five times. Not including just now. She was too concerned about the approval of a six year old. He was almost positive Mia would fall in love with Bella. She likes everyone and would love Bella. Especially if she brings out her karaoke machine that she's currently obsessed with and has Bella sing. That's a voice that is hard to resist. He may sound good, but Bella sounds better.

"She's six, Bella. It's not like your meeting the president." He assures, amused as he rocks Abbey.

"Ew." Bella scrunches up her nose. Hale chuckles lightly.

Oddly enough it wasn't weird being in Hale's room. Normally that would mean something, but she knew it wasn't like that with Hale. They had decided to hang out with Abbey and watch some movies after their lunch because she would just have to be back again if she went home. After dinner tonight they planned on going to Dom's where they would have their own little party to celebrate the record deal and spend the night so everyone was already there for the birthday party.

Before much more conversation is made, they pause at the sound of the front locks jiggling. Bella stiffens, looking at Hale with panic in her eyes. He gives her a reassuring smile before he stands up, placing Abbey in her carseat. Then he offers his hand to Bella who has shifted to sit on the edge of his bed. She hooks hers in his and let's him pull her up reluctantly.

He leads her into the front room where two women stand facing them while a smaller girl with pin straight light brown hair stood facing away from them, struggling to get the handle of her suitcase down. Bella watches the womens' eyes take her in. She had worn a simple yellow orche sweater, tucked into dark wash jeans. Her hair was down, falling around her face gracefully. She figured it was a safe outfit to meet Hale's family in.

The older woman, who didn't look a day over fifty was the first to smile, her familiar gray eyes lighting up. Hale's hand squeezes Bella's. He looks over at her and smiles, confidently. He had a brighter glow now that he didn't have to worry about his band. It made him ten times more attractive.

Before anything can be said, the little girl turns around. Her hazel eyes light up, her face breaking in a smile as she takes in Hale and Bella's linked hands. "You finally got a girlfriend!" She exclaims excitedly.

Then she sprints towards them. Hale pulls his hand from Bella's crouching with his arms open to catch Mia in a hug. But instead of jumping into his arms, she runs into Bella's legs, latching on. Bella stumbles back in surprise and Hale's jaw drops as he slowly turns to see Mia hugging Bella.

"Now I have someone that will know how to braid my hair!" Mia beams up at Bella who is just as shocked as Hale is.

Then the snapping of a camera sounds, and their attention is brought back to the door as another woman steps in. Hale stiffens, his whole body visibly recoiling as his eyes brew up a storm, deepening by several shades. The whole room seems to sense the tension between him and the woman, who looks like a copy of Mia. It doesn't take long for Bella to piece together that the new woman is Hale's sister. The whole family seems to be a bunch of printers, making carbon copies.