Chapter Zero

"Maginoong Medyo Bastos, Jax Andrew Dela Fuerte, is in the house!"

The man who was wearing dark-rimmed glasses groaned as everyone in the club cheered, raising their drinks, shotting dirty looks at him.

Nakarinig siya ng isang pamilyar na halakhak kaya kaagad niyang nilingon ang lalaking katabing halos mawala na ang mga mata sa katatawa. "Dang, where do they even get those names? Nakakatawa. Iyong tawa ko abot hanggang Mercury eh-"

"Papaliparin kita hindi lang hanggang Mercury kung ayaw mong tumigil, kingina ka."

He heard another grinning. That came from the guy was slowly drinking his martini, his shoulders moving up and down in the attempt to stop himself from laughing loudly.

Jax's brows furrowed even more. He pouted before punching the guy's arm lightly. Naibuga nito ang iniinom tsaka humagalpak ng tawa.

"Akala ko ba ginawan mo na ng paraan ang tungkol doon?" Jax asked.

The guy stopped laughing before wiping his mouth with a handkerchief. He cleared his throat. "I did, with outmost respect, Mon Chéri. But you should know I hold no control of the lawfulness of their volition." He held his hands up. "Not my fault."

Jax pouted.

The other guy snorted once again kaya sinamaan niya ito ng tingin. "Lakas makatawa, ah. Hambalos ko sa iyo 'yang hotdog mo, eh."

Pinanliitan siya ng mga mata nito. "Do it then if you are willing to hurt such cutie," tukso nito bago kumurap-kurap, nagpapa-cute.

Jax sighed in defeat before making face. Natawa naman ang kaibigan.

"Sino ba kasing nag-umpisa niyan?"

Axel giggled. "Brenda Micheals, two years ago. You spooked her with your..." Tumaas-taas ang kilay nito bago bumaba ang tingin sa pantalon papunta sa mukha niya. "...charm."

"An irrefutable charm," added the other guy, Joaquin. "Go with the current, Mon Chéri, you'll only exhaust yourself."

By that time, the beat dropped, and everyone started shouting his name. Random people pulled him up, trying to shove him in the dance floor. His good friends, instead of helping him get out of the situation, pushed him too, laughing their asses off.

The two were also pulled towards the dance floor. They happily skipped towards the dance floor, luring different girls.

Jax knew by then it was a bad place to celebrate Axel's success in his hotdog business.

They had been clubbing since they all turned eighteen. They'd been meeting a lot of people then, and even when they already had their own careers, Jax as an indie model and producer, Axel as a businessman and Joaquin as one of the most promising models in Southeast Asia, they still continued the tradition.

Things happened and even if he didn't really want to be called 'Maginoong Medyo Bastos', because it was cringe-worthy, he could no longer stop them. Ginawa pa siyang katawa-tawa ng kapatid niyang si Bee nang umabot dito ang pangalang 'yon.

He just sighed in defeat before raising his fist and shouting his heart out.

Everyone shouted in response, cheering for him.

Someone spilled vodka all over him, and that made people scream even louder. "Take your shirt off!" they screamed in chorus. He spotted his two friends cheering together with the crowd. He could only mouth profanities towards them.

Kaagad niyang kinuha ang isang baso ng martini na hawak-hawak ng babaeng nasa tabi niya. He drank it all, looking at her, before flashing a wink.

He gave the martini glass back to the girl who was astonished and flushed before taking his shirt off. Inihagis niya ito sa kung saan bago tumakbo papuntang sentro.