Chapter Seventeen

Change could take a million steps for it to fully happen. Maybe it could happen in a span of a gloomy night for some people, but for Vannessa, it was way longer.

Isa lang ang masasabi niya. Mahirap baguhin ang isang bagay na nakagawian na kahit alam naman niya ang mga masasamang dulot nito.

It seemed like it was buried deep by the person that she was in the past, and at the current time, she could hardly reach for it. She knew she had to dig down. She knew that there was a big gap between her and that change. She wasn't even certain if she could have a good grasp of it.

A few days after talking to Amanda, she had been very busy with the whole project in Fedora. But even then, the thought about her situation with Jax would seep into her mind, leaving her staring at the wall for a couple of minutes before snapping herself back to reality.

She hadn't seen the guy since that night, and the more days she couldn't get to see him, the more her anxiety grew. Ayaw niya sa pakiramdam na iyon pero hindi siya makatakbo rito. Kahit na babad siya sa gawain ay nakasisingit pa rin ito sa utak niya.

She wanted to say her sorry. She wanted to explain her side, even when she doubted that she even deserved the time to explain for herself, especially after saying everything that she said to him.

Maiintindihan niya kung hindi na siya nito mapapatawad pagkatapos ng mga sinabi niya.

Napabuntunghininga siya bago muling ibinaling ang atensyon sa ginagawa.

Abala ang mga kasama niya sa final touches ng preparation para sa project. Even Lee who had been there, who had probably heard everything that night, didn't bother asking her details, but she knew he was curious.

That was also the day that they would check the models, and see whether there were any adjustments. Size adjustments barely happened, but they had learned their lesson when it did. That was why they had to do final adjustments to avoid the same mistake.

That meant that she'd be able to see Jax again, and that would be the first time since that night that she'd see him.

Malakas ang pagkabog ng kanyang dibdib habang palipat-lipat ang kanyang tingin sa orasan ng kanyang office, pinagmamasdan ang pagpatak ng oras.

Nanginginig ang kanyang mga kamay habang nagtitipa siya sa kanyang keyboard at kahit pinilit niyang huwag isipin ang mga hindi magagandang bagay na posibleng mangyari sa muli nilang pagkikita ay hindi niya pa rin kaya.

How would she even talk to him? Iniisip niya palang kung gaano nakakailang ang magiging pagtatagpo nila'y hindi na niya kaya.

The guilt was eating her alive.

When it was already time, she took a deep breath before standing to go out of her office, and to go together with the other designers.

They were in the studio, and Vannessa couldn't even explain how hard her heart was beating as she went inside the room. She peaked in first, her eyes squinting to see the man that she was anticipating to see.

But she immediately bit her lip upon realizing.

Everyone was there. Except him.

Vannessa didn't know what to feel about that.

Hindi niya pinahalata ang pagtataka habang naglalakad papunta sa mga kasama. Ang nasa isip niya ay baka na-late lamang ito. She knew how professional Jax was. For sure he wouldn't miss it. That day was crucial.

She didn't notice that she was already biting the skin off her lip when Janessa approached her. "Hey, good afternoon!" she greeted. Vannessa took a second to compose herself before smiling at her.