Chapter Ten

"Grabe naman pala iyang jowa mo," sabi ni Santi nang marinig iyon.

Joaquin looked up to look at them. "That's just a mere speculation. There are no evidences that she is the one behind all these things. Innocent until proven guilty," he defended.

Kaagad nagkatinginan sina Jax at Axel nang dahil doon bago sabay na napabuntonghininga.

Santi rolled her eyes. "Duh, it takes no brainer for someone to be able to connect the dots, your honor," she said in a mocking tone.

Nakita ni Jax na napaawang ang bibig ni Axel nang marinig ang sinabing iyon ng babae. It was something that the both of them had been wanting to tell Joaquin, but couldn't do so since they knew how hardheaded and how blinded he was.

"Wow," Axel mouthed at him, disbelief still plastered across his countenance.

"She worries whenever these things happen, and we make-up, she forgives me. Back to normal," Joaquin countered.

"And that is supposed to make her a good girlfriend?" Natawa ang babae nang marinig iyon. "She forgives you for the mistakes that she claims that you make when in fact you didn't, right? She sounds like a sociopath." Mas lalo lang napaawang ang bibig ni Axel nang dahil doon. Hindi rin mapigilan ni Jax ang sariling humanga sa sinabi nito. "Trust me, bhie, I've been with that kind of people all my life. I am a good judge of character."

Nagtiim ang bagang ni Joaquin. Alam ni Jax na pikon na ito. Mabuti na lamang ay hindi ito madalas umaakto nang mabilis base sa sariling emosyon. He wasn't the type who would fight a girl no matter the circumstance.

Nonetheless, the guy still didn't like hearing bad things about his girlfriend. With an adamant look, he said, "Well, you haven't met her."

"Gladly," Santi replied with a shrug of relief.

There was an awkward silence soon after while Jax and Axel continued exchanging looks. Vannessa, on the other hand, was just watching and listening amusingly. Nagtama ang mga mata nina Jax and Vannessa at nagkibit-balikat ang huli. Nagkibit-balikat din si Jax, ramdam ang sandaling panginginit ng mga tenga.

Axel chuckled, shaking his head. "Oh, keds, masamang nakikipag-away," singit ni Axel bago inilapag sa mesa ang mga bote ng softdrinks at iilang pagkaing binili. "Paparapakyaw."

Kaagad na napalingon si Jax nang marinig niya ang mahinang pagtawa ni Vannessa dahil sa sinabi ni Axel. He was taken aback by her reaction, and he couldn't help but feel a little glad because of it.

Nang mag-abot ang kanilang tingin ay kaagad itong natigilan tsaka napaayos ng upo.

Nakaramdam ng kahihiyan si Jax.

He cleared his throat before looking at Joaquin who was just sitting quietly. He seemed to be thinking deeply, accompanied with a series of sighs.

Muli silang nagkatinginan ni Axel na kaagad ding napanguso bago nilapitan ang kaibigan. "Tingin nga. Linisin muna natin 'yang sugat mo kaso I'm not really sure how to do it—"

"I volunteer." Nilingon nilang lahat si Santi na nakataas ang isang kamay. She chuckled because of the look of their faces before shaking her head. "I'm a med student."

"You are?" hindi makapaniwalang tanong ni Vannessa sa pinsan.

Santi rolled her eyes before standing, walking towards the direction of Joaquin who continued to be silent. "I was a med student, but I dropped out. I stopped schooling entirely."

There was silence after she said that. Even Jax didn't know what to think nor did he know what to feel. He didn't want to feel pity for the girl even when there was a trail of sadness in her voice. He knew his pity wouldn't change anything.