Chapter Eleven

Vannessa almost forgot about her issue with Amanda, not until the girl came calling her, asking for a meet-up once again.

The last time they talked didn't end up well. Halatang tinatago ng babae ang anumang impormasyon tungkol kay Jackson sa kanya. Hindi niya alam kung bakit ito ginagawa ng babae. Did Jack tell her not to give any details about where he was staying because he knew that Vannessa would seek for revenge? Or maybe they were really in a relationship, and Amanda was afraid that she'd get to Jack once again?

She doubted it, but whatever Amanda's intentions were, Vannessa was adamant to squeeze any information about Jack that she could get from her.

They met in a restaurant, but she felt too sick in the stomach that she didn't bother eating. She just watched the girl move. To be fair, Amanda was a decent person. She wasn't as nosy as the other girls she quarrelled with. In fact, she seemed to handle their situation quite maturely. It was just it was the first time she had a lead about Jack after years. She just couldn't let go of it that easily.

"Gusto mo ba talagang lumaki ang lahat ng 'to?" Nag-angat ito ng tingin sa kanya. "I'm trying to reach out to you, Vannessa. I just want an apology so we could end this nonsense argument. We are both busy people. I guess it's the best to lower our pride?"

Vannessa clenched her jaw before looking back at her. "I told you, I'm not apologizing until you tell me where he is staying."

Nagsalubong ang mga kilay nito at kaagad na sumilay sa mukha ang pagkayamot. "Sinabi ko na sa 'yo, hindi ko alam, and even if I do, why would I tell you? It's his private space, and if you were in his place, I know that you wouldn't want people going around telling other people your address. If you can't respect that, then I don't even know why I'm still talking to you."

She looked away from the girl after she said that, and looked at her trembling hands. She pursed her lips as she felt the hard beating of her heart. She hated it. She hated that she was right.

No sane person would give away someone's private information, especially to someone who was seeking revenge.

Vannessa knew that if someone would look at them from afar, she'd be in the wrong side.

It annoyed her, but she couldn't just blame Amanda, and be mad at her for doing the right thing.

Maybe she really was letting her hatred get the better of her.

She just couldn't help it. She had dreamt of revenge since she knew about the things that he did against her back. That was the thing about hatred, sometimes it would never leave a person, especially when she clung to it.

Her hatred for Jack had driven her to do the things she'd never even thought she could do. Simula nang nangyari ang lahat ng iyon ay natuto siyang tumayo sa sarili niyang mga paa at lumaban para sa sarili niya.

Letting out a sigh, she met her gaze once again. "Alright," she said. "I apologize for being rude. It's just that there are a lot of things that I wanted to do, and I do not think they could wait further. I'm sorry if I got you involved with our mess."

There was a small smile in Amanda's face after she said that. It was a sincere one. "It's fine now. Whatever you're going through, I wish you all the best."

Ngumiti si Vannessa sa sinabi nito bago tumango.

If Amanda and Jack were really in a relationship, then it would be a total bummer. The guy didn't deserve a girl like Amanda.

Later that night, she received messages that her sister, Venice, was already home from Greece. And when they talked about home, they meant her dad and mom's house.