Chapter 12

I feel as if I've been quite generous with hugs the last couple of days, but they all deserve them.

Time skip

I now sat in my third class of the day, trying to listen to the teacher as my attention wandered off to something else for the 20th time. School was really boring these days. I stretched my arms, yawning. A girl then caught my attention. Vicky. How did I not see her until now? I swallowed as I just stared at her. She was sitting in the second row, Kyle was in front of her, Wendy and Butters sat next to her and Craig sat behind her. She seemed to be focused on the lesson since she just looked straight ahead. I sat in the third row, so while I couldn't see her face I could clearly see where she was looking.

She then dropped her pencil, causing Wendy to pick it up. When Wendy gave the pen to her Vicky smiled, brushing her hair behind her ear before turning her attention to the teacher again. I sighed, looking at the clock before quickly glancing towards Vicky again, feeling shivers down my spine as I did. Vicky's head were turned slightly towards me and her pupils were at the corner of her eyes, looking straight at me. She was frowning, yet smiling at the same time. This wasn't one of those fake smiles though, it looked like an irritated smile.

She then mouthed some words. "I-T-S  N-O-T  N-I-C-E  T-O  S-T-A-R-E  L-I-K-E  T-H-A-T" I swallowed slightly as she turned the head towards the teacher, making me to do the same. The messed up thing was that no one seemed to have noticed, so I had no witnesses.

The bell soon rang, signaling that it were time for lunch. I was on my way out when I could feel someone grabbing my shirt slightly. I looked back, slightly frightened, only for my face to light up when I was met by a pair of brown eyes.

"Hi Nichole." I greeted with a closed eyed smile, causing her to flinch slightly. "Look, (Y/n), I-I want to talk to you..." She then looked back slightly, looking towards the other girls. "A-Alone." I just nodded, looking towards them as well before following Nichole towards the girl's bathroom.

"So what'd you want to-" "-I'm so sorry (Y/n). I knew about Bebe all this time and yet I didn't..." She looked up at me with wet, shiny eyes. "You had to go through the same experience I had to." She said, looking down. I just raised my eyebrows slightly before putting my hand on her shoulder in an attempt to comfort her.

"Take it easy Nichole, I'm not mad at you. I understand that you were scared of her, she scared the living shit out of me too. Bitch's crazy." Nichole looked up at me with one of her eyebrows slightly raised, and I just shrugged.

"However, I both saw some videos and heard from the others that you stood up for me at Bebe's party, and that's more than enough." Nichole looked down, taking a deep breath before speaking.

"I liked Kyle too." I let go of her shoulder, feeling a lump form in my stomach. "N-No, I no longer l-like him! I like Token!" She looked down slightly, forming her mouth into a warm smile. "A lot..." She then shook her head, continuing. "However, I LIKED Kyle, about five months before you got here. But Bebe liked him at the time too, so she made sure to turn everyone against me, the same thing she did to you..." She looked at me, swallowing. "But I was weak, I couldn't take it so I made a deal. Forgetting and moving on from Kyle and she'd make me somebody at school again in return." Nichole lowered her gaze, sighing slightly.

"But I'm glad that she did what she did, otherwise I wouldn't be with Token..." she started to make her way towards the door, stopping and looking back at me when she was just in front of it. "That was what I wanted to talk about, care to head to the cafeteria?" I just nodded, following Nichole as we made our way towards the cafeteria, having a small chit chat in the meantime.

"(Y/n)!" My eyes widen as Wendy threw herself over me in the cafeteria, hugging me. "You can't just not show up to school after what happened." She let go, causing me to look at her in shock. "Y-You know that I'm sorry, right?" I shook my head slightly before focusing on her, smiling at her. "Of course, I responded to those texts, didn't I?" She just smiled slightly before looking back at the group of girls behind her. "Oh right, (Y/n), have you met Vic yet?" I raised my eyebrows slightly as I looked at the red-head. "Of course we've met, she's the reason I fuc-" "Yeah we've met. We actually went to the same school before (Y/n) moved here." Vicky quickly said before I could tell them about her. I just decided to let it go, sitting down at the table. "So Vicky, you knew (Y/n) before right?" I looked up at Wendy, then at Vicky. I shook my head slightly before taking a sip of the milk I'd gotten before me and Nichole got here.

"Yeah, we were best friends actually." I choked on the small amount of milk in my mouth, coughing as I looked up at Vicky. How could she say that with a straight face after what she did? "Omg (Y/n), are you okay?" I looked over at Red, smiling as I nodded before looking at Vicky again. "How was she before? She was super quiet when we first started." Annie then asked. What's with the sudden interest in me? They wouldn't even look at me without judging me last week.

"She was? That's surprising." Vicky looked at me, faking a smile. "Well, she wasn't like that at all before." Kyle then approached. "(Y/n), you done? We've got about half an hour before PE starts." Kyle said and I just nodded, about to stand up when a girl grabbed my arm, forcing me to sit down again. "Hey, don't leave. Kyle, Vicky was just about to tell us about (Y/n) before she moved here." I glanced up at Kyle, seeing him give Vicky a slightly disgusted look before looking at me as if asking if I was okay.

"She and Max, her boyfriend at the time, just wouldn't shut up. They were like the perfect couple." Vicky leaned forward a bit. "They would always go on about how in love they were and plan their future and stuff, they really made each other happy." She smiled. "I was the third wheel all the time, but I couldn't blame them. The first relationship's special, they'll always be in a special part of your heart." My heart dropped when I realized what she was doing. I looked at Kyle, panicing slightly when I saw him leaving the cafeteria.

"Oh god dammit- Kyle wait!" I stood up, running after Kyle as I heard Vicky behind me. "Oh jeez, no. They were dating? If I knew I wouldn't have brought that up." I just clenched my fist as I sped up even more.