Chapter 26

"Thank you Kyle, I mean this when I say it, I don't know what I would do without you. I love you."

"Fucking shit!" I cursed as I got up from the floor I'd just fallen to because of the fact that I struggled to put on a pair of pants. Who the hell does that? I then sighed, shaking my head as I thought back at the day I saw Kyle for the first time. I fell down the bed that day, because a gust of fucking air caught me off guard. The day after I rolled out of bed because I was so tired. I'm such a klutz now that I think about it. "Chicken nuggets..." I've changed a lot too... I don't use the same half-innocent curse words anymore...

Not everything's changed for the worse though, I've got friends now... Well, I'm not too sure about that anymore, I'm pretty sure they prefer Vicky over me. But I have a loving boyfriend, which I hope to put my trust in soon. I'll really try my hardest.

"Hey? (Y/n)? You alright? I heard a thud? Did you just fall or something?" I let out a slight chuckle as Kyle's half-worried half-confused voice was heard from downstairs. "Yeah, I'm alright, I'll be down in a few, don't worry!" I quickly pulled my blue jeans up all the way before putting on a black Nirvana hoodie. I usually didn't wear these laid back clothes, but I just felt like it today. Don't judge.

"Hey Kyle, wanna watch a mo-" I quickly shut my mouth when I hear Kyle's voice. I walked down the last steps, watching Kyle who was standing by the front door, talking to someone. "Yeah, You can come inside I guess, (Y/n)'ll be done any moment now."

Vicky

I quickly walked down the very last step, causing them both to flinch as they stared at me in slight shock. "No need for her to come in, I'm done. Bye Kyle!" I hurried towards the two, giving Kyle a quick peck on the lips before dragging Vic out of the house. I didn't know why, but I didn't want her in the house. Not yet. She's got the personality traits of a chameleon, deceiving and adaptable. Who knows what she would tell Kyle?

"So, Vic, where do you want to go on this lovely day?" I looked back at her, feeling rather shocked when she looked down, not wanting to meet my eyes. "Hey, (Y/n)... Let's just forget about the bet. I didn't know what to write on the note, so I just wrote something down. You can go home and hang out with Kyle, and I'll just go home. I know you'd rather see me dead than to hang out with me as a friend." I furrowed my eyebrows slightly at her words, but then I realized what she was doing. She was guilt tripping me,  not going to work you stupid bit-

"I don't know what she was like before, but I think that she's really trying to make up for what she did, even if it's unforgivable..."

Aw shit, I can't just ignore his words, can I?

Shit

"No Vic, I wouldn't like to see you dead, let's just go." I just said in the most monotone, robot like voice I'd ever spoken in before. She didn't mention it though, which probably just would've been awkward, so I get why she avoided bringing it up...

After about 10 minutes of awkward walking without saying a single word to each other we finally got to the mall. I didn't know why it was so awkward this time, we walked alone that time after the pool. But Vicky was different then, more aggressive, more not-so-fucking-confusing. I could literally not make out if she was trying to manipulate me into liking her again, or if she was genuinely sorry. I didn't really want to risk anything either.

"I actually feel quite hungry, let's eat something" I flinched slightly, looking back at Vicky. She'd been walking behind me the entire time, like a timid dog following the alpha without saying anything, but now she'd changed slightly. I then checked the time on my phone, sighing at how late it was. It was already 1 pm, I'd be spending my whole day with her. "Yeah, me too. Do you have any suggestions on where we could eat?" She just shrugged before looking around, nodding towards a nearby McDonald's.

I was pleasantly surprised when we walked into the building as there weren't really too many people. We then went to order our food. Vicky ordered a cheeseburger, fries and a large coke, I, however, ordered 9 chicken Mcnuggets and a large fanta. We both then went over to a empty table, sitting in awkward silence as we waited for our food. As soon as our number popped up on the screen I went over to the cashier, thanking her as I grabbed out tray with food before heading over to the awkward table again.

"What?" I said, quite disappointed when I realized that they'd forget my chicken nuggets. "What's up?" I just shrugged at Vicky's question before taking a sip from my drink. I didn't really care, I wasn't that hungry, just slightly disappointed. And besides, I was too socially awkward to ask for them. "Wait, where are your chicken nuggets?" I once again shrugged, shaking my head. "They probably forgot them, but I don't ca-" But before I could finish my sentence Vicky stood up, making her way towards the cashier. I'd forgotten what she was like before all of this, she never let anything like this go.

A few minutes later she returned with a box of chicken nuggets, giving me a smug smirk. "Here you go. You know, you should really work on confronting people like that, you were never good at it." I just grabbed the box, mouthing a small "Thank's Vic" before quickly eating them so that we could leave, choking on at least 3 of the 8 I'd consumed so far. "H-Hey, slow down. I get that you don't want to be here with me, but please don't die. Everyone'd probably think it was me that poisoned you or something."

Her words caused a small chuckle to escape my lips, and as I took a deep breath to recover a small piece of chicken traveled down my throat again, causing me to choke one last time. Vicky just began to laugh, and so did I. I'd forgotten what it was like to hang out with her before she got all bitchy.

I'd forgotten how fun she could be.