Chapter 15

Vicky had fell into the pool and almost drowned, but that didn't bother me too much, she'll survive. The thing that made me feel both angry and heartbroken was that KYLE was the one who was giving her mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

I felt a quick wave of jealousy and anger wash over me. Why was she doing this? Did she really hate me this much? What about the others, why didn't they do anything to stop this? Had Vicky really fooled them into thinking this was okay? SHE'S FAKING IT.

I clenched my fist as well as my jaw, staring them out before feeling a pair of eyes on me. I glanced slightly to the left, meeting Stan's eyes. He was looking at me with a surprised face at first, but after looking over at Vicky and Kyle his expression turned into an apologetic face. 

My eyes widen as I looked down, relaxing my fist and jaw. This behavior wasn't okay, and Stan was right by looking at me like that at first. This isn't like me. I glanced up at the two again, seeing Vicky cough up a huge amount of water. 

She wasn't faking it. 

I looked down again, clenching my fist as I brought it up to my chest, swallowing. I really didn't like feeling this way, always being angry as soon as Kyle did something to another girl, being uncertain of who to trust, hearing the voice whenever I felt upset... 

This anxiety's killing me.

I turned around, really not feeling up to being around anyone right now. I was about to leave when I suddenly felt a hand grab my wrist, stopping me from leaving.

"H-Hey, (Y/n)... I-I'm really sorry but V-Vicky..." I turned around, facing a panicking and upset Kyle. I really hate the fact that he feels as if he has to explain himself. He was helping her, wasn't he?

"K-Kyle, it's really nothing to worr-" "(Y/n), I swear to god that it wasn't on purpose this time." My eyes widen as I looked to the right, meeting Vicky's ice blue eyes. They showed a hint of panic as well. Was she changing or was she getting better at acting?

"It's really okay Kyle, I'm just not feeling too good so I think I'll head home." Kyle then nodded, about to follow me until I stopped him. "It's okay, you can stay with them..." I quickly glanced over at Vicky, scanning her to see if she smiled or did anything of the sort to indicate that this was all a part of a plan she had. She always did that.

However, this time she seemed genuinely sorry.

Kyle shook his head, about to say something. "I'm sorry Kyle, I really want to be alone right now. Don't worry, I'm not mad nor hurt... I just want to be alone. I'm okay."

I then walked towards the changing rooms before he could say anything else, showering and changing before heading home. As I walked home I could hear a small yet clear voice of guilt nagging at me. 

-ou j--t --sume t--ng-.

S-an sa- y-u, you kn--?

D-d you see --w scared K-le w--?

He's -cared -f you fu-ked up pe--onality.

He's scared of how you'll react, you're a pathetic girlfriend.

I kneeled down on the sidewalk slightly, hiding my face behind my hands. Why did I have to react like that? I could feel tears threatening to fall down my eyes, but I didn't plan on letting them fall. N-Not yet...

"Leave me alone she said. I'm okay she said." I looked up, taking a deep breath as I was met by a pair of Ice blue eyes.

"What're you doing here Vicky?" She rolled her eyes slightly, holding out her hand for me to grab. "Jeez. Here I am, actually a tad bit worried and I won't even get a 'Hi' nor a 'Wow Vic, you actually came for me?' " I just narrowed my eyes, standing up without grabbing her hand. "God." I then began to slowly walk towards the house with her following me like a tail. I shouldn't be too trusting yet. I don't know if she has any intentions. I should be cautious yet not as mean as I was before. 

"I said I wanted to be alone-" "You know that I know you more than them, right? While we weren't friends I still knew things about you. And when you say you're okay you're not." I just rolled my eyes, taking a left turn into our neighborhood. "Hey, Vicky." She just let out a small 'Hm?' in response. I just turned around, taking a deep breath as I faced her. She stood there, her red hair was in a messy bun, her cheeks were a natural pink color and her hands were behind her back. 

"Why do you hate me? I mean, why did you do what you did? And why do you still say that we weren't friends. I mean, we knew each other since kindergarden." Vicky's expression then changed, and so did her body language.

She looked down, biting her lower lip slightly. Her hands went to her front, and while she didn't exactly hug her body in a comforting matter she still fidgeted with her hands, indicating that she was nervous, guilty and/or uncomfortable. 

"You know, (Y/n)... The truth is that I really-" "Hey, girls!" I looked to the left, seeing three guys. One was wearing a brown hat, similar to Kyle's. One was wearing a blue hat and the last one, the one in the front, wasn't wearing any hat but his hair was brown and his shirt was green and it had his own face on it. Narcissist. They all looked to be about two years older than us. They were each driving a motorbike and they'd stopped just to talk to me and Vicky. God damn it.

"You two wanna go for a ride, and I'm not talking 'bout the motorbike." The brown haired one said, gaining chuckles from the other two.

"N-No thank you." I just said before looking back, seeing that Kyle's house was just four houses away. 

"Don't be shy, just come already, preferably in both ways." The other two then chuckled again. 

I walked over to Vicky, grabbing her hand. The brown haired guy then seemed to be out of "jokes" as he now got of the bike, heading towards me and Vicky. "Q-Quickly, towards Kyle's!" I then began running towards Kyle's house with Vicky's hand in mine. I could feel my heart almost jumping out of my mouth as I ran. I wasn't brave enough to look back but I could feel eyes on my back as well as hear shouting as we ran.

I quickly opened the door, thanking god for making me forget to lock the door this morning before pushing Vicky inside, quickly closing and locking the door. I then kneeled down onto the ground. "Holy chickenfries, that was a workout."