Chapter 22

"W-Wai-"

"No, don't be like that. We're going to play guitar hero and I won't go easy on you." I don't know where all this confidence was coming from, but I really shouldn't be this confident. I fucking suck at guitar hero.

The red head soon stood besides me, fidgeting with the guitar while Cartman and Kenny talked things through. "Alright. How about this. You'll both write a bet down, and when one of you lose that person'll randomly pick one of those two bets. You can either play it safe and write a nice one, or if you're confident enough you can write down a nasty ass bet." I furrowed my brows at the suggestion. This would be really hard. I didn't want to go with a nice bet if the losing version was Vicky... But that would be highly unlikely, so I shouldn't pick a bad one either.

My eyes lit up along with my face when I thought of the best bet ever. It wouldn't matter wether I lost or won. I would benefit no matter the outcome.

I nodded, grabbing a pen and piece of paper from the table before quickly writing my bet down, folding it and then handing it to Kenny. Vicky, on the other hand, hesitated before taking the other piece of paper and a pencil. She thought for a while before writing down whole god damn paragraph of words. She folded it and gave it to Kenny at least 20 years after she'd started to write the bet. 

She didn't have to write a letter, it was only a bet. 

"Great. We'll see who's going to win and who's going to lose. Now, get started with the fucking game." Cartman said impatiently. Vicky just nodded, walking over to the other guitar before strapping herself up. We then picked a song. We both agreed on Hit me with your best shot, because... it's one of the first songs, so it ought to be easy.

I swallowed before pressing the song, starting the game... And the bet.

Vicky quickly took the lead as I immediately flunked a few notes, causing me to curse under my breath. It was really hard to press the button as soon as the note was supposed to be pressed. I literally had no sense of rhythm, and it was embarrassing. Vicky, on the other hand, hit all notes, not missing a single fucking one and quickly gaining a star boost. The boost only added onto the already broad score difference.

God damn it. Why did Kyle have to suggest this? He knew how bad I am at this game, and yet he proposed that I should play against Vicky, he proposed that I should make a fool out of myself in front of everyone. It must have something to do with what Vick told him. She twisted the story. She must've made herself look like the victim once again. He said he trusted her, didn't he? Fuck.

"(Y/n), come on, you're killing it! Don't screw up now! Keep it up!" I flinched as I came back to reality, realizing that I was down on the red area on the rock meter. I immediately snapped out of my thoughts, quickly making a comeback as the needle to went back onto the green part. From there on I kept my cool as I now heard Kyle's constant support behind me.

"Nice... Nice... Awesome!"

"Keep your cool and keep doing what you're doing right now!"

"What's gotten into you all of a sudden! You're not missing a single note!

"You're doing really awesome (Y/n)!"

The final note came and I hit it, I felt my mouth twist into a sadistic smile when I saw Vicky miss the note. As soon as the song ended I felt a pair of arms sneak their way around my waist before pulling my back into a chest. I glanced back, only to see Kyle with a proud expression covering his face. "I knew you'd do great this time. You just had to get a bit of support." I smiled, nodding. Kyle then quickly kissed my forehead before nodding towards the TV. 

"You might actually have a chance, Vicky lost her cool when you started to nail every note, she almost finished on the red part of the rock meter."

I glanced at the TV, at the corner of her part of the screen, and the needle was on the verge of the red area, barely holding onto the yellow line. 

"Yeah, I might actually win this."

I held my breath as we waited a few seconds for the winner to be announced. I could actually win this. and that meant that Vicky could pick my bet. Vicky could actually be forced to stay away from me from now on. I could be free from all of these doubts, all of these negative voices. They were all Vicky's fault. If she disappeared, they would too. 

My heart sunk for half a second when They announced Vicky as the winner. 

"Good Job Vic! It was a close call, but you won!" My heart then skipped a beat as my attention shifted from the TV to Kyle. He was looking at me as if telling me how sorry he was for me not winning, but his expression changed when he saw my eager one. I ignored the surprised jew and went over to Kenny, nodding. If I picked my bet, it would mean that I had to stay away from Vicky from now on, which would mean that she'd disappear as well. My bet was a win-win bet.

"Woah, you seem eager to pull a dare. You know that you might get Vic's dare, right?" I swallowed, nodding once again. It didn't matter what her dare was, because I wouldn't be picking that one. I'm 110% sure I'll pick my dare. I raised my hand, slowly moving it towards the small bowl Kenny was holding, fidgeting around with the two notes before pulling out a piece of paper, smiling.

I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins. This was it. Vicky would disappear from my life forever. I wouldn't have to put up with her behavior anymore. her confusing actions, her confusing phrases. It would all be gone as soon as I would show everyone my bet.

I quickly unfolded the small piece of paper, smiling as I read the words on it.

My smile faded.

Are you fucking kidding me?

There was no way.

I was so sure.

"(Y/n)? what's the bet?" 

I looked up at Cartman, swallowing before looking down at the note.

"It says Spend a whole day at the mall with the winning person ONLY. The day must include a movie at the cinema, lunch at a café and buying clothes in at least one store :)  ..." I crumbled the piece of paper, throwing it towards a trashcan, missing before sighing.

"Fucking hell."