a masterpiece

by: me

-fluff
-4,438 words
-pining
-language
-unedited

painter au

・゚: *・゚:*   *:・゚*:・゚

eddie was facing the most important event in his life.

his college art professor had signed him up for an art show because he was "one of the best" in his class. eddie was excited but nervous and overthinking... he loved art and was proud of his work but having it on display for judges to see and possibly get him a job in a high class art museum? art was getting more and more difficult.

he has a day to make an art piece with a statement, something no ones ever seen before... so he headed to a craft store.

he had yet discovered his inspiration for his piece but needed supplies either way. he was so nervous he forgot to change out of his art overalls, they were covered in paint of every color and the white shirt underneath it was no better.

he stood in the art isle, scanning the different brushes and canvases he could use.

"this place smells like old people and styrofoam" richie complained as he ran his fingers through strings of beads.

"oh shut up. i just need to get some fabric and buttons and we can go" beverly rolled her eyes as she felt different fabrics and bit her nails.

"but this place is such a drag..." richie complained and leaned against a shelf.

"i went with you to your smoke shop!" beverly defended as she picked a roll of fabric

"that's different! it benefits both of us! this place is so... so... lame" richie sighed dramatically

"why don't you go smell the fake flowers" beverly poked richies chest and crossed her arms, tierd of listening to richie complain.

"fine" richie grumbled, dragging his feet on the tile making an obnoxious squeaking noise. he'd never been in this store before so he really didn't know where he was going. he stopped in a colorful isle with shelves full of paints. he looked in the next isle and saw probably the cutest boy he'd ever seen.

he had wavy chocolate brown hair that was neatly combed and soft looking. his nose was slightly scrunched like he was thinking hard. his nose and the top of his cheeks were splattered with light freckles. he was wearing cute overalls with paint splatters and a tight white t-shirt.

richie became flustered and slowly walked over to the boy, pretending to look at canvases. the smaller boy glanced up at him but seemed to busy to really look at him.

richie cleared his throat, "so um... gay?"

eddie snapped his attention to richie and raised an eyebrow, a grin playing on his face, "me? what makes you think that?" eddie thought it was always pretty obvious that he wasn't straight.

"dude. you're in a craft store" richie chuckled and eddie laughed softly

"touché" eddie grinned, "but your also in a craft store. are you gay?"