makes me feel like i cant live without you

by: me

reddie
4,4223 words
fluff

・゚: *・゚:*   *:・゚*:・゚

richie has lived in california for a solid two months.

he loved it a lot, the beach, the people his amazing job. he couldn't of asked for a better start to life. he was a radio show host with his own segment, "trashmouth talks". and at twenty years old?

he was doing fine.

a little lonely.

but fine.

he unlocked the door to his apartment, kicking it shut since his hands were filled with grocery bags. he set them on the counter and sighed, not wanting to put them away.

he had a long week on the radio. he worked the late shifts because the other host was out sick with the measles. he had just about zero time to sleep or eat on a regular schedule. he was basically living off of Monster energy drink and hot cheetos.

today he got to leave early from work, he could actually eat a proper meal.

***

the line for chinese food was unusually long.

maybe he was just tired. really tired.

he looked ahead at the people in front of him. there were two teenage girls talking very loudly, an older couple and what looked to be a few single sad sacks like himself.

he suddenly felt his back pocket become lighter. the sound of his leather wallet hitting the floor made him turn around and look down at it. he picked it up and looked at the boy behind him.

he was short and had fluffy blonde hair. he was wearing a maroon t-shirt with one of the college names across the chest. he had freckles across his cheeks like star dust. cute.

"did you just try to pickpocket me?" richie asked, bringing the boys attention to him.

the boy huffed out a laugh and tried not to look guilty. richie could tell by the blush on his face that he infact was guilty.

"i wasn't." he spoke shortly

"oh yeah?" richie chuckled, a little annoyed that the kid was one, stealing and now two, lying, "then why was this on the floor?" he held his wallet up and the boy looked at it with no interest.

"i don't know maybe you should keep better track of your shit." he frowned up at richie.

why was that kid mad when he was the one who almost got his wallet jacked?!

richie just turned around in line, noticing that they moved up a bit. he looked around aimlessly at the oriental decoration. he couldn't help but wonder about the kid behind him. why was he stealing in the first place? he didn't look starved or homeless, he actually looked pretty clean.