What's My Name?

by: chattrekisses
on
tumblr

reddie
4,275 words
fluffy and vv cute

  ♡
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*       *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Hello?" Eddie said, the echo of his voice grainy in the receiver. "Who is this?"

"My name's Richie and I just wanted to ask if you were as flexible as this graffiti suggests," A voice said, thick with mirth.

"Excuse me?" Eddie asked, confusion evident in his tone.

"I've been in Derry for about two hours and I've just stumbled upon some colorful graffiti about how flexible you are. And if what it says it true, then I'm fucking glad I moved to this ass-crack of a town." Richie said.

Eddie swore softly, picturing what the graffiti might say. His anxiety rolled upon him in waves. "Fucking hell, must have been the Bowers gang. Do me a favor, Richie?"

"I'd love to do you a favor, babe," Richie crooned comically.

Eddie snorted. "Yeah, okay. Cover the graffiti, and then delete my number."

"But I don't even know the name that matches your sexy, sexy voice!" Richie protested.

"Eddie. My name's Eddie," Eddie's anxiety spiked at the admission, but it wasn't as if he had told the guy his address. There wasn't much one could do with a first name.

"Well, Eddie Spaghetti-"

"Don't call me that."

"Eds-"

"No, that's worse."

"Well, Eds," Richie emphasized the unwanted nickname. "I'll cover the graffiti for you, but I can't promise to lose this number. After all, it's practically a hotline to your mother. And I just can't wait until you get off the line so I can make sweet, sweet love to her over the phone."

"Good luck with that, Trashmouth," Eddie scoffed.

Richie chuckled. "Gosh golly, you're a sassy one, aren't you Eds? I hope I get to meet you face to face soon. Maybe I'll even get to find out if you're as flexible as this says."

"Unlikely, shithead," Eddie said smoothly. "Bye, Richie."

"Come on, stay a while, Eds. I promise the water's warm."

"Goodbye, Richie," Eddie drawled, smiling.

"Alright, I know when I'm unwanted. Say hi to your mom for me Eddie Spaghetti!"

"I won't," Eddie said, hanging up.

He lingered by the phone for a moment longer, his blood thrumming in his veins. He was oddly intrigued by this boy, whoever he was. Eddie hoped desperately that he wasn't old or creepy or something. Before Eddie could contemplate the fizzy feeling brewing in his stomach, his mother called him to take his medicine, so he took one last glance at the receiver before going to take his daily dose of placebos.

There was someone new. The whole school was whispering about the new boy's appearance. Apparently, he was going to be in Eddie's homeroom. Eddie was the only one of the Losers in his homeroom, and he turned to look behind him, where the only empty chair in the room rested. He hoped that the new boy wasn't a dick. Or at least didn't smell.

Ms. Martin clapped for attention at the front of the room, and the noise in the room transformed from a roar to a buzz.

"Alright class, calm down," Ms. Martin chirped. "As I'm sure you've heard, a new student is joining us today! He should be arriving-"