Chap. 2: Mario's POV

"HOW DARE HE! HOW COULD BOWSIE MARRY THAT PEACH?! HE SAID HE WOULD MARRY ME!"

"I will be marrying the one I should have married long ago: Mario."

"To you, from me, till death do you both part."

"Hello, Peach, are you ready to start your first day on the job?"

"Hon, check on Peach, would you? Just wanna make sure she's comfortable."

"Hon, where did you get those bruises?"

"I'm telling you, Luigi, he's inviting someone over to hurt him."

"No, Mario, I know nothing. Stop asking!"

*babbling*

"I know who the paramour is. It's Peach..."

I didn't want to believe it. I thought I was being lied to; I wanted to believe that I was being lied to. Sadly enough, I saw for myself that it was no mere lie.

How could he do this to me? I've loved him for a long time. I thought I loved him like I should've, but I guess it just wasn't enough for him. I guess I should've seen the signs instead of turning a blind eye on the obvious clues: the ever-growing womb, the spiny womb, the scratches. I thought that she had been attacked by a boar! How dumb I've been...

And they knew...Luigi, Clover, Rosalina, Donkey Kong, Kirby...

HOW COULD THEY ALL BETRAY ME LIKE THIS?! HOW COULD THEY?! I TRUSTED THEM ALL, AND THEY ALL LIED TO ME!

And Bowser. My own man, he betrayed me worst of all. I gave him everything, and he...

"Mario?" I heard a voice say my name. "I know, I'm not usually a snitch, but...it was for both their own good."

"I know," I replied. "You did nothing wrong. In fact, you did just the right thing."

"You're not gonna kill the child, are you?" the voice asked.

I didn't know who it was at first, but then I turned around and saw—

"You know, the child didn't do anything wrong."

This, for some reason, seemed to trip something in me.
"THAT CHILD IS VILE!" I screamed. "IT WAS NEVER MEANT TO HAPPEN! I'M JUST GONNA 'TAKE CARE OF IT!'"

"Chill, Mario."

I managed to cool down a little. "Well, I know it's either with Rosalina, Donkey, or Kirby. So I'll check on Rosalina first, since she's so good with children. I'm sure if I just explain the whole situation, she'll understand why it must be done."

We left the building, I summoned my pipe, and it took us to Rosalina's front door. I knocked, and she answered.

"Where is it?" I asked.

"Oh, I see you brought—" she started.

"WHERE IS IT?!" I screamed.

"I don't have it," she answered, and I noticed the fear in her voice. "I had to send it to someone else because of inconvenience."

"You're lying," I said quietly.

"I am not lying," she responded as she raised her wand.

Well then, if I can't use reasoning, then I'll just have to use force...