Chap. 5: Peach's POV

It looks like we made it before Mario!

We arrived at Dreamland and didn't see Kirby anywhere. As we were wandering around, I noticed that the dress I was wearing was uncomfortably baggy. Luckily, Bowser Jr. had my other dress, and he gave it to me. I changed behind a large rock and gave the dress I was wearing before to Bowser Jr., and he gave it to Luigi. We then started walking around again while talking to each other.

"Peach, is there any reason you named your child Basilisk?" Luigi asked.

"Yeah, I'd like to know the same thing," Bowser barked.

"Because I wanted to," I responded. "What's it to you what I choose to name my child?"

"Hey, it's our child!" Bowser responded sharply. "There's really no point in denying it now. Mario already knows, so there's really no need to call it just yours."

"Look, I don't wanna be reminded," I responded back, even though the dress I was wearing was already a reminder. The scratches, the bloodstains, the memories...

After walking around for a while, we found Kirby running around. I called out to let him know that we were there. When he turned to look at us, he was looking very worried.

Are we too late? I thought. Is Basilisk dead?

We came running towards him. I saw his penguin friend, but I didn't see his bat friend anywhere.

Maybe he's just hiding or something, I thought. He didn't really get along with people like Kirby did.

Kirby started babbling, and I began translating. "'Mario was here. He tried to get me to give him the child, and when I refused, he tried to kill us, but my friend held him off, and he also took the child somewhere.'"

I was now starting to worry. What if Kirby's friend took Basilisk to the Jungle city? Mario may have be crazy, but he wasn't stupid, and if Bowser Jr. told me correctly, he saw me give birth; he knew who all was there.

"Uh, Kirby, you didn't have your friend take him to Jungle city, did you?" I asked nervously, afraid of the answer.

Kirby babbled yet again, and I translated. "'No, actually. I figured Mario would figure out who would get the child next, so I had my friend take him to someone else. Someone even Mario himself may never suspect.'"

I was relieved, but now I had to know who it was.

"Who?" I asked.

Kirby babbled, and I was taken aback.

It was clever, taking Basilisk there. Mario would never have checked; he surely knew what was going on there. I needed to get Basilisk from there, anyway. Nowhere was safe for him, but at least if he was with me, Mario will have a smaller chance of finding him because he wouldn't have to know that Basilisk was with me.

I bade Kirby goodbye and good luck before Luigi got the pipe back and we all hopped in.

I hope Mario doesn't figure it out...