Chap. 7: Peach's POV

Oh, I hope Donkey is okay. If I know Mario, he won't believe anyone unless he's looking right at the evidence...

We arrived at Hyrule temple, but where was—

"Oh Peach, what a wonderful surprise!" a voice called.

I turned around and there was Zelda, holding baby Basilisk. Where Link was, I couldn't say. Perhaps he was back at his lil tree house, still recovering from that nasty bout of flu.

Zelda gave me my child and hugged me. "Oh, I'm glad you all are okay. And I didn't even expect this child coming! That was very dangerous, Peach, what you did."

"Look, I know! I'm already paying for it, so please don't rub it in," I responded. The last thing I needed was to be reminded...

"How's Link doing?" Luigi asked.

"He's doing better," Zelda answered. "At least he's not throwing up every time he eats or drinks something. Now, he only throws up when he bends over or if he does much work."

"Well, that's good, I guess," Bowser Jr. muttered.

"We gotta go," Bowser said, as though we should be in a hurry. "We gotta get somewhere safe. Thanks Zelda!"

"No problem," she replied.

Luigi summoned his pipe and we all went down it again.

When it was time to leave it, I got out first and immediately wanted to pummel Luigi for being so stupid. He had just brought us to—

"The cabin?!" Bowser Jr. exclaimed. "Are you crazy?! This is Mario's place! He's gonna come home and he's most definitely gonna notice us walking in the halls like we own the place."

"Actually, I have a plan," Luigi started, "you see, Mario is more than likely expecting us to be out there looking for the child and finding it before him. He's not gonna expect us to have already found the child, and he's sure not gonna have expected us to use his own home as a temporary fortress."

"Wow!" Bowser Jr. exclaimed. "That's brilliant!"

"Well, it happens sometimes, I suppose," Luigi replied while blushing a little.

Even I had to admit that that was pretty clever. Mario wouldn't have expected us to have found Basilisk already because he didn't want to believe that he couldn't find Basilisk before us.

"Peach, come on!" Bowser called as he and the rest of them entered through the window.

"Coming!" I called back as I followed them and crawled through the window as well.

Basilisk was still in my arms, and he was so beautiful. His sapphire blue eyes were so shiny, and I even noticed a blond hair streak in his fluffy red hair. (It was just starting to grow, and yet I already noticed this.) His fingers were mostly human, with nails instead of claws (well, they were sharp, so it could've been both). His feet were more on Bowser's side; he had cute little toe claws.

"Uh, who's there?" a voice was heard. I knew that voice, and it was the voice of Daisy.

"It's just us," I replied.

"What are you guys doing here? Get lost," she said.

I saw her enter the kitchen, and I was shocked at what I was seeing. She was looked so different; she was now wearing a tight, orange jumpsuit with a red skirt and fur scarf, and half of her head was shaved.

"Uh, there's something different about you," Bowser Jr. said. "You look more...no, less...like yourself."

"What are you all doing here?" Daisy asked sharply.

"Look, we just need to hide here until we think of somewhere else," Luigi explained, but Daisy obviously didn't want to hear it, for she turned her head away.

"Look, I know it sounds kinda stupid, and I know you find it shocking, what all had happened, but you need to help us," I said, but Daisy just raised a hand and looked away again.

"Now listen here," Bowser snapped. "I know you don't quite approve of what happened, but you are not just gonna throw us out in the rain!"

"Hmph, I don't wanna hear your, ugh, excuses," Daisy responded. "Now just go before he comes back downstairs."

"Before who comes back downstairs?" Bowser Jr. asked nervously.

"The babysitter," Daisy answered. "Mario had him stay here to watch me shortly after he left."

"And the babysitter is...who now?" Bowser Jr. asked nervously.

"DIANTHUS!" a voice shouted from outside. "WHY AREN'T YOU IN YOUR ROOM?!"

"Go, quickly," Daisy whispered sharply. "Go before he comes!" She shooed us out the window and shut it.

Why did that voice sound so familiar?

Basilisk started to fuss, but I just cut myself a little on his toe claws and fed him a little bit of my blood and he shut up.

Now what are we gonna do?