Chap. 17: Peach's POV

Where in the world was Basilisk getting these words?

I was laughing so hard that my ribs were starting to hurt. I decided to look out the window for Yoshi to distract me. I didn't see him anywhere, so I just got a drink of water and sat down. I sat back and watched Luigi try to get it through Basilisk's head that his name was Luigi.

"Loo-ee-gee," Luigi said slowly.

"Wimp-ee," Basilisk responded grumpily.

He must've inherited the stubbornness from his father...

"No, Basilisk," Mario said. "Luh-wee-gee."

"Wimpy wee-wee," Basilisk responded, sounding a little impatient. "Wimpy wee-wee is a big dundy-head."

Most of us laughed at that, but Luigi's face was turning red. I was laughing not just at the insult, but at Basilisk's intelligence. Where was he getting these words? Who was teaching him? It must've been someone who either didn't like Luigi or someone who just wanted to teach this child some little-man words.

I went up to pick him up and he said, "mama" again. I smiled and took him with me to the chair. I played with him and taught him a few simple sentences like, "how are you?" and "where's the bathroom?" and I was so impressed by how fast he was learning these things. It was so impressive!

I then saw him look at Mario with an intrigued look in his eye. I looked over and noticed something shiny in Mario's shoulder straps. I pointed it out to him and he grabbed it out.

Turns out, it was actually somethings, and they were photos. There were four in all, but I didn't get to see them. Everyone else did, but when I wanted to see them, they all acted like there weren't any photos to begin with. And if that wasn't sketchy enough, Mario started to worry, and then he said, "We've gotta go. Now!" Luigi summoned his pipe and we all hopped in, finding our next destination back to Dreamland.

Kirby and his friends were there, and when they saw Mario, they went into a full defensive frenzy.

"No, it's okay," I said. "He's with us."

They slowly came out of the defensive frenzy and came to us. Kirby started to babble, and I translated. "'Why is Mario with you? What happened?'"

I explained everything from my last visit to Dreamland to now.

Kirby and his friends looked at us, perplexed.

"We have photos that you guys need to see," Mario said as he showed them the photos.

I tried to get a look, but Bowser grabbed me and kept me from doing so. Kirby looked a little shocked while his friends' eyes got big. I tried to get free from Bowser's grip, but he was strong. I knew fighting was futile, but I kept doing so anyway until Mario put the photos in his breast pocket and had Luigi summon his pipe so we could return to Yoshi's house.

When we got there, Mario played with Basilisk, keeping both himself and Basilisk happy. I would've been a little happy too, if it wasn't for my gnawing curiosity.

What is on those photographs?