Chap. 11: Peach's POV

How did Mario find us? Is someone tipping him off?

When we came out of the pipe, I looked at our destination.

"Why are we hiding in my castle?" I asked, thinking that it was kind of obvious for Mario.

"Because Mario doesn't remember it," Bowser answered.

"And how do you know?" I asked.

"Because it's been about five years," Luigi replied. "Even I know that Mario's memory won't remember this, no matter how bad he wants to."

It had been five years. I moved out of it and into another castle just next to Bowser's castle so when we got married, I could move in easily. It was only about five years ago that I moved in. About four years it was when we were about to be married, and Mario came, which was confusing, but I never would've let it happen if I had known that all this would be happening. But anyway, it was about a year that we've all been living in that cabin.

Wow, the years have flown by...

"Peach, come on!" Bowser Jr. called from in the castle.

"Oh, coming!" I called back as I rushed in.

It was just as I had remembered it, albeit more dusty, with cobwebs everywhere. But still, all the furniture was in the same place as I had last left it.

I suddenly remembered something. It wasn't five years! It was about a year or so ago when I had awaken from my nightmare and got this dress delivered to me. It was about a year ago when I was feeling so faint that I was freaking myself out. It was about a year ago that Mario took me out of my castle. And if that wasn't a dream, then Mario would still remember this place.

I didn't know if I wanted to tell the others; where else was there? Plus, I didn't want them lecturing me on how Mario wouldn't remember this place because of reasons and whatever. Besides, it could've been a dream.

Maybe I'm dreaming now, I thought to myself. But...why won't I wake up? And how is it I'm wearing the same dress from my nightmare? What's up with that? How much of that "dream" was true, if any of it? And how? Was it all just a nightmare and the fact that Mario made or found a dress exactly like this one was a mere coincidence? What?!

"Hey, Peach, the sun's coming out!" Luigi called from somewhere upstairs.

"Coming!" I called back as I rushed upstairs and found them in a guest bedroom.

The sunrise was gorgeous. Then again, it has been a while since I've even seen one. I guess I've just been so busy appreciating the moon's beauty that I forgot just how beautiful the sun could be. I was still beat from such a long day, though, I didn't want to stare at the sunset much longer.

I went to my room to take a nap when Basilisk started fussing. I gave him to Bowser to feed so I could sleep, and he growled a little and said that he wouldn't, but then I brought up that Basilisk was his as well as mine, and he took Basilisk while still growling.

I was lying in my bed, but I couldn't sleep. My body was tired, but my mind was having its own little sugar rush in my skull. I was thinking about so much, from the moment Mario ran through those doors (well, doorways. It was a cave, so it didn't really have doors) and yelled, "I OBJECT!" to me now lying in bed. I also couldn't sleep because I felt a strange presence, like I was being watched. I didn't dare look out a window because I just knew that if I did, Mario would be there.

I got up and went into my bathroom for some water and went downstairs. I couldn't find anyone, so I called out, "HELLO?!"

Nothing.

"HEY! IS ANYONE HERE?" I called again, but still no reply. I went outside, thinking they had went outside for fresh air. I didn't find them anywhere close to the castle.

What if they left me here? Peach thought. Or...what if Mario found them? Oh, I hope he didn't find them.

I ran into the woods, the one place I was scared to check.

I hope they didn't go too far.