Chap. 10: Mario's POV

Where are they? They couldn't have gone far!

I was panicking. Where could they have gone to besides here? My own friend said they were here.

They must've already left...

I just got back from my cabin, where the babysitter, Cappy, had said that he thought Dianthus had brought in visitors without permission. I put her back in detention for five minutes to make sure she learned her lesson.

Ever since Peach had that baby, Dianthus had been a lot more despondent, and so I needed to punish her more often. Then again, it was probably just her teen years talking. But nowadays, she kept saying that her name was Daisy, and that her brother's name was Bowser Jr., AND that I was overreacting over this whole child thing.

Why does everyone say that? Why don't they just see the logic in all this? Why can't they see what must be done? And why do they fight me every single step of the way?! It would've obviously been much smarter and easier to just see logic. Their minds must have been corrupted...

I left my friend to keep watch at the Jungle city in case the population returned. He promised me that if he saw anything, he would let me know.

Anyway, I didn't understand! Why weren't they here? I didn't understand. My friend was very certain that they would've been in Bowser's old castle. But, where were they...

LUIGI! Of course! That was how they were eluding me all this time. That was how they were getting around. Now I just needed to think: where would they go now?

Hm, they're probably going somewhere I've gone because they'll think I won't check the same place twice. Huh, clever, but not clever enough...

I summoned my pipe and hopped in, making my first destination to Jungle city to see if my friend had any luck.

***

"Nothing?!" I exclaimed when my friend told me he had no luck.

"Nothing here," he answered. "I do know where they are, now."

"The...population?" I asked, feeling very perplexed.

"No, idiot," he snapped. "I mean Peach and her, ugh, cronies."

"Well, spit it out," I said impatiently. "Where are they?"