Chap. 4: Mario's POV

Why did she make me do it? It would've been much easier for both her and me if she would've just complied and told me what I wanted and needed to know...

I knew for an absolute fact that if Rosalina didn't have it, Kirby definitely would've. Next to Rosalina, Kirby was fairly decent with children (even if I couldn't say the same about his friends). I was also sure that Kirby would've understood what had to be done. He was actually pretty smart, and I was sure he would've seen reason through logic rather than force.

Now where is he?

I eventually found Kirby in a nearby field, holding the little abomination. I saw his friends as well, playing with the beast!

I approached, and when they saw me, Kirby, with the thing still in his hands (well, arms. He didn't have fingers or hands, really), hid behind his penguin friend while his bat friend stood guard.

"I mean no harm for you guys," I said. "I just want the child. It shouldn't exist, and surely you know it. Just hand me the child and I'll leave you all unscathed."

They all just stared at me like I was some kind of monster.

"Fine, if you can't see logic, then maybe you'll understand force." I came at them, knife in hand, not liking what I was going to have to do next.

The penguin had a hammer, and was holding it up, ready to use it. I was just a foot or two away when bat Kirby (it made me think of Kirby in bat form or something. Strange...) cut my leg.

Little sucker!

I swung the knife at it, and it just jumped back, dodging the swing. It swung at me, just barely catching my chest. It didn't catch skin, but it did put a small tear in my overalls.

Fuming with rage, I threw the knife right at it, and it used its sword to ricochet the knife back towards me. The knife clipped my ear and got stuck a nearby tree.

I didn't dare turn my back to bat Kirby, because I knew it would probably attack me from behind. Instead, I backed up slowly, towards the tree, trying to make it look like I was nervous. I reached the tree and pulled the knife out quickly. I then made my way back towards Kirby, who was still cowering behind the penguin like a small child.

And I thought he was braver than that...

The penguin was kind of a slow attacker, so getting past him wasn't that hard. However, Kirby ran towards bat Kirby and started babbling at it. Then Kirby gave it the baby and babbled at bat Kirby. Bat Kirby then sprouted wings and flew off.

I didn't even know it could fly, but I know for sure where it's taking the little thing! And I thought Kirby was smarter than that...

I summoned my pipe and jumped in, making my way for the Jungle city.