Chap. 3: Peach's POV

Oh dear! I hope we weren't too late!

The pipe ride, as always, didn't take long, even though it made me feel so nauseous. Only upside? It was burning off my stomach fat somehow.

We arrived at Rosalina's home, and so far it didn't really look like anything had happened; there was no sign of Mario having already arrived or done anything.

Maybe we already beat him here. I hope...

We came up to the door and knocked. No answer. We knocked again. Still no answer. After a few moments of no answer, Bowser got impatient and breathed fire on the door and burned it down.

Where was this when it was needed?

When we entered the place, it was total chaos. There were books everywhere, as well as stuffing from various furniture, yet no sign of Rosalina.

I hope Mario didn't—

"WHO'S THERE?!" a voice screamed, a voice I recognized as Rosalina's.

"It's just us!" I called back as we all ran up a couple of flights of stairs and to her bedroom.

I opened her door and saw that we were indeed too late.

Rosalina was upside down on a wall, with knives through her ankles to keep her from falling off. The blood was trickling down her ankles and was staining her dress. It had even dripped down to her face, unless it was blood from Mario somehow.

We helped her down and sat her down on her bed. She fished under her bed for her wand and healed herself with a simple wand movement.

"What happened?" Bowser Jr. asked.

"Mario came," Rosalina answered. "He came for the child, but I didn't have it. He even also tried to get me on board with it, believe it or not, as if what he thinks he's doing is the right thing to do. Anyway, when I refused and told him once again that I didn't have Basilisk, he incapacitated me and stuck me on the wall. He turned the house upside down, but he didn't find Basilisk anywhere, and he was so upset about it. He interrogated me one more time, and when I told him once again that I knew nothing of Basilisk's whereabouts, he just went into his pipe. And I'm sure that he's more than likely going to Dreamland."

Kirby...

"Okay, thanks," I said as Luigi summoned his pipe.

"Be careful!" Rosalina called just before we jumped into the pipe.

All of us (except Rosalina) jumped in and made course for Dreamland. I was terrified for Basilisk, as well as Kirby.

I hope Mario didn't find Kirby and his friends yet...