Chapter Nineteen

He wants me to cling on him. He wants me to own him.

And he called me baby. I heard it! I heard it loud and clear. I can safely conclude that we're together now, right? He's my boyfriend now, right?

"Boyfriend na kita?" My face was hot red when I asked him that and gazed at him like an innocent young girl.

Saint gaped at me and then laughed boyishly when he realized that it was a serious question. "Damn it, baby. You're hella cute."

I flushed harder. Saint's eyes were smiling as he stared down at me. His laugh died down but a big grin remained on his face. He lifted his hand and stroked my cheek with his thumb. His eyes carefully traced my face. He bit his lip and his gaze fell on my mouth.

He's gonna kiss me. I waited. My breathing halted when he leaned down and his face inched closer to mine. My eyes closed and I anticipated for his lips.

It's like I've gone deaf and the noise surrounding us disappeared. I can't hear a thing. My eyes were closed which means I can't see a thing either. All I can do is feel.

His lips were soft and warm. It reminded me of a bright day when the sun would gently linger on my skin. Its afterburn was pleasant that I'd love to bask on it the whole day.

He kissed me slowly until I felt his tongue part my lips. I willingly opened up and allowed him to enter and dominate. He tasted like alcohol with underlying flavor of a sweet mint.

I couldn't focus on anything but his addictive kisses. Kung hindi niya pa ako hihilahin palapit sa kanya ay hindi ko mararamdaman na nakapulupot na pala ang mga braso niya sa likod ko at nakakapit na pala ako sa damit niya.

I swear I don't need air. I'm willing to kiss him until the last oxygen leaves my brain and I'm unconscious.

"Get a room!" Oli's familiar voice shouted from a distance and something cold and powdery sprinkled against my face. I bet it's the colored powder that the organizers gave us.

It made us stop from kissing and pull away from each other. The noise gradually came back, like a radio being volumed up. The loud rave music, the singing crowd, and other unnecessary sound pollution filled my ears.

I looked around to find Oli. He wasn't hard to find. He easily stood out in his white muscle tee and faded jeans and a wicked grin. Beside him was a grinning Nina, too.

He never let me go after that. He woulds always be holding my hand, my back, his arm wrapped around my waist, arm placed around my shoulder. He made sure that we'd be touching. It made dancing a difficult feat but really, who cares about a stupid rave when you got Saint Del Valle all over you?

I can't help but compare what I'm feeling for Saint to my past relationships. It's hard to explain it. I can't put the right words... but everything feels different with him. I feel different with him, too. I feel shy and unsure. With him everything seems... genuine and unforced.

My past relationships were solely based on the attention that they could give me and the gap that they'd somehow fill but with Saint... I'm actually, truly euphoric that I could feel it skin deep. I've never felt this before. This is an uncharted territory right here. I feel like I'm walking blindfolded but completely conscious that I'm heading towards a cliff. I was aware of the danger that I'm in but it feels too good to stop. And that scares the hell out of me.

All of my relationships had time bombs. Majority didn't last long and every single bomb went off. I survived being abandoned countless of times but at the rate I'm going, I'm beginning to doubt I'll survive if he decided to leave me. All I can do right now is to pray that he will stick... or at least last long enough to give me a whole lot of memories with him.