9.

The Psychologist's office was bigger than I imagined it'd be. She told me to call her Dr. Kim. The moment I walked into her office, she pulled out a notepad, sat across from me and listened as I explained everything that happened from the attack to the moment I entered her office.

"Do you believe what the priests said?"

I laughed, shaking my head. "No. Come on, demons aren't real."

"Aren't they?" She leaned back into the couch, clipboard resting against her chest.

"I mean ... You're a doctor. Do you believe?"

"I go to a catholic church every Sunday. Sometimes I help to identify symptoms of possession. The thing that strikes me odd, though, is that it usually starts with behavioral changes. Have you noticed anything like that? A sudden change in moods, sudden interests, anything taste wrong?"

"No. Maybe? No. Before the holidays, well there's a guy I'd never have considered dating before. But I found out he's kind of sweet and thought, why not?"

"I'm not sure that counts. But, having someone else more grounded in your life could help you to reconnect yourself with reality. I don't think you're possessed, Norah. I think my wife was right. I think you have PTSD, and I can help with this."

"Oh," I said relieved. "Thank god. So what should we do then?"

"Come back in a week. We'll see if your condition improves. I want you to relax. Try to stay in and center yourself with friends and family. Remind yourself who you are and what you love."

"Sure, doc. Vacation sounds like a good recovery plan."

Dr. Kim laughed. "But call if anything else happens, and if those two priests come around, call the police. It sounds like they'll only push you further away from reality."

I left the shrink in a good place, relieved that this was pretty much all in my head and not in a permanent sort of way.

I drove home and entered the house, suddenly exhausted from my long day. When I got inside mom met me at the door.

"Oh, honey, what did the doctor say?"

"PTSD. She said to rest up and surround myself with family."

"Well, that's good isn't it?"

"Sure is mom. I'm gonna go upstairs and take a nap. You guys have a good day?"

"Oh, yes, we did. We're just happy you're okay."

"Thanks mom." I climbed the stairs, and glanced back. "We're all gonna be okay."

Somehow I made it up the steps, into my room, and onto my bed.

It took me seconds to fall asleep, but my dream was far from peaceful.