𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐄𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐬𝐭

As Elizabeth Gray walked through the doors to the betting shop she heard the faint giggles of Ada and the loud roars of laughter from Arthur and John

As Elizabeth Gray walked through the doors to the betting shop she heard the faint giggles of Ada and the loud roars of laughter from Arthur and John. Confused she walked into the kitchen spying the family and Isaiah, along with a young girl who looked to be around the same age as Michael. However that detail did not last long in her mind as her eyes were immediately drawn to the hand of the girl, that was resting on Michaels, whose hand was placed on her shoulder.

"Who's this?" She spoke firmly, shocked to the core of seeing Thomas Shelby with a hint of a smile on his face.

"Mum this is Evelyn, she's the girl I was telling you about, who went to the races with me and my uncle." Michael replied a look of angst yet excitement in his eyes as he spoke to his mother. He was pleased that the rest of his family already fell in love with the Allen girl, however he knew what his mother was like a hoped she would approve of the girl sitting in front of him.

"You must be Mrs Gray?" The girl replied sticking out her hand preparing for a handshake.

Polly could not deny why Michael appeared to be infatuated with the girl. She focused on her eyes, which were darting back and fourth, shining in the sunlight that shone through the window. They were a deep, earthy brown - the colour of the earth after torrential rains. But there was something else in them, something glistening. Glistening like an old copper penny. They held admiration, along with a hint of nervousness.

Mrs Gray decided to put the girl at ease and gave her a small warm smile, something rarely seen on the face of Polly Gray.

"It's a pleasure dear, Michaels told me so much about you."

She gazed at the girl watching as a small blush crawled up her neck, landing on her cheeks.