𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

𝐀𝐮𝐝𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲

As Eveyln sat dominated by a profound sadness, fatigue engraved on her face

As Eveyln sat dominated by a profound sadness, fatigue engraved on her face. She warmed her shivering body against the crackling fire. The sorrow grew more profound each year she spent in this quiet, lonely house, the solemn walls reviving the memory of the loss she had encountered in a previous life.

However, as she heard the creaking of the wooden door to the living room a small smile grazed her face. "Morning mum" she spoke softly, as if in a daze staring at the fire.

"Morning darling, any news?"

"See for yourself" She replied handing her mother the small piece of paper that came with the letter she received from Polly.

"Thomas Shelby is getting married!"

"More than that, he wants me to come. Said he wants me to meet his fiancée. Polly wants me to meet her too, but apparently to see how much of a cow she is."

"Are you going to go?" Her mother replied staring wearily at her daughter

"I doubt he would want me go," she sighed "especially if he found out Michael would be there."

Her eyes shifted to the side again and became glazed with a glassy layer of tears. As she blinked, they dripped from her eyelids and slid down her cheeks. She bit her lip tightly in attempt to hide any sound that wanted to escape from her mouth.

"Darling don't say that. Look I've got to pop round to the bakery before it closes, but get a bag ready anyway the weddings only a couple of days away. You'll see Polly, Thomas, Jonh and little Finn."

"And Michael?"

"Just make sure to ask Peter."