𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝐄𝐱𝐚𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

"How could you not tell me?" Michael questioned

"How could you not tell me?" Michael questioned. After he woke up he heard the hysterical cries of his mother, leading Evelyn to tell him the truth. Now his eyes were hard-rimmed and fixed, so much so that it was as if he was no longer able to move his eyeballs, like they'd rusted into place.

"Mic-"

"How?" His glare continued.

"I tired...I really did I swear it..." Michael scoffed, "but everytime I was about to step off the train I thought about her life and how happy she was back in the village."

"Without her father?"

"She was safe at least!" She raised her voice, quickly interjecting. There was a deathly silence that followed after her words.

"I planned to say all these terrible things to you, but now, I just want to tell you how much I missed you." He finally sighed, his eyes glazed with tears.

"Did you even think about me?" His heart holding onto to one last piece of hope.

"There were nights I cried so hard and I had to put my head in my pillow so that little girl out there didn't hear me. There were nights that I was happy that you were free of me and I thought everything happens for a reason. And there was also nights where I felt nothing at all. But there was never a minute that you didn't cross my mind Michael." She cried. However, it was more than crying, it was the kind of desolate sobbing that comes from a person drained of all hope and happiness.

A single tear escaped and rolled down his cheek. "How did mum react?" He gazed at her worriedly

"Gave me a smack round the head, then gave me a hug. Started crying. Poor Rosie-"

"Rosie?"

"Yeah... Well, Rose." Her lips lifted upward and her dimples crinkled. "She was petrified...must have been a fright seeing this strange woman crying her eyes out."

"What's she like?" He asked, a ghost of a smile gracing his features.

"She's perfect Michael." Evelyn sighed in content thinking of her daughter. "She's so like you when you were younger. Very intelligent. Likes to worry me...she would go off hiding and wouldn't come out for hours just to make you worry. "

"Then she would just smile...that Rosie smile that would make me cave. You can't stay mad at her." She released a shaky laugh.

Both of them gazed at each other with tear-stained cheeks, bloodshot eyes, quivering lips, and shaking bodies.

"I want to meet her..."