𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐝

Conversations swirled in a dirty cloud of smoke, the stagnant stench of cigarettes hiden within the collaboration of mephitic odours

Conversations swirled in a dirty cloud of smoke, the stagnant stench of cigarettes hiden within the collaboration of mephitic odours. A sharp smell of drink wafted towards Evelyn, like black plumes bellowing from the windows of a burning house. There was even a hint of sick tainting the fragrance of the room as laughter overpowered the record player in the Garrison.

The stranger watched her move to the music filling the bar that was crackling somewhat, as she gently moved from side to side while speaking to Isaiah. For the most part that ancient music machine was her only audience. However, as Evelyn turned, her eyes caught him standing there. Him less adept at hiding in the shadows than she. He dropped his eyes momentarily before looking, his head tilted to one side and a hopeful smile playing on his lips, as if asking her a question they both understood without actually having to say it.

A short while later she was seated at a table waiting for Isaiah to return from a call in the office, when a shadow loomed over her figure as well as the table.

Directing her gaze she noticed a man. The man she had seen earlier to be more precise.

"Can I help you, soldier?" She grinned at him.

He had charming dimples, beautiful warm eyes, along with a couple of moles scattered on his cheeks. His face was a lot nicer than anything Evelyn had seen in a long time. A long time since 𝘩𝘪𝘮.

She was confused at the uniform he was wearing but after hearing him speak, her questions were answered.

"I was wondering if you were free for a dance?" He smirked, but not one of arrogance, rather charm as his American accent was prominent in his words.

"I might be." She told him, her eyes traveling back to Isaiah who caught her gaze in the office, before turning away.

"What's the matter, you don't like to dance?"

"Quite the contrary. I love to dance." As she spoke the man noticed her face was sad and lovely with bright things in it, bright eyes and a bright passionate mouth, but as he stared at her, he heard an excitement in her voice that entranced him.

The soldier tilted his head, a smile working it's way onto his full lips, "Then what're you waiting for?" He asked as she looked back to him, brown eyes on blue as they held each others gazes.

"The right partner." She spoke gently, offering him a small smile, stretching her wonderful lips.

The handsome soldier smirked before holding out his hand and she reached out, gently taking his hand as he placed his other hand respectfully on her waist as they began to gently sway to the music.