𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡

"Do you want it to be ivory?" Evelyn asked her daughter, as they sat peacefully enjoying the sun as it soaked into their skin

"Yep, and long! Really, really long. So it touches the floor!" Rosie replied, nodding her head vigorously.

"And should I have pearls on it?" She asked looking at her daughter, and she knew Rosie held her soul in her heart, and Evelyns heart would forever be Rosie's.

As Michael continued with his work, sparatically lifting his eyes towards his fiancée and daughter. He knew his daughter did not see the world through his eyes, and mostly it was a good thing that she didn't. She sees excitement and possibilities; he saw danger and a world of uncertainty. That was what scared him. He was fearful his daughter would grow up in a world drowning in fear, havoc, danger. Now danger had always been like an aphrodisiac to him, the more extreme the better. However, as he lay in the hospital wing all he could feel was regret deep within his veins as the sun streamed through dirty windows, thin curtains waft in the drafty ward. His daughter couldn't grow up like this. He couldn't watch over at all times. He couldn't protect her at all times. He just wasn't strong enough.

His thoughts were disrupted due to the echoing sound of the hospital door opening and shutting. Turning his face he came into eye contact with Thomas Shelby.

Evelyn kept her focus on Rosie ignoring the talk of business that the pair discussed for a couple of minutes. Nevertheless, her interest peaked as Thomas handed Michael a 'Transfer of Responsibilities' contract.

"Are you finished for the weekend, Tommy?" Michael questioned handing back the contract.

"Yep, your mother wants me to go to the foundation. For prize giving." He mumbled in reply.

"Just me." He stated, almost reinforcing the point.

"Why?" He asked removing the circular frames from his face.

"No reason..." Michael trailed off.

"Alright."

"Tommy?" A short silence followed after his words, "Have a good weekend!"

The air was nothing but tense. A deathening silence echoed off the walls.

Thomas nodded his head subtly as Michael stared after him, his body rigid. The more demanding the reparations his subconscious required, the worse he knew how bad his decision to keep quiet was.

"What was that about?" Evelyn asked wearily, concern flooding her mind.

"Nothing." Michael dismissed quietly.

"Absolutely nothing..."