22 - SIMPLE AND TRUE

The colors drained from Tony's face as his gaze shifted between the two siblings "And you..." he told Fenrir "You work for him?!"

FENRIR DIDN'T SEEM fazed in the slightest but Angie was the one who cut the conversation short "Listen..." she told her brother "All I want right now is to turn a new page. You can stay with me, on Earth. We can build a new life here."

The shock hadn't worn off completely but even Tony could tell she was being terribly naïve. A single glance at Fenrir's disdainful expression told him all he needed to know. What Angie was asking for had simply no chance of coming true.

"Angie..." he breathed in a low voice, wishing she wouldn't let her guards down so easily "You think you know him, but you really don't. He's never going to want a peaceful life!"

His tone of warning made Fenrir shrug nonchalantly "The Earthling is right, Angrboda, I guess you really don't know me..." he then met her gaze "But you will, soon. And in time you'll learn to see Lord Thanos as I do."

Angie's insides were crumbling in disgust. Thanos was a power-hungry madman who wreaked havoc wherever he went. In her younger years, Asgard had always been under the protection of Odin so there had been no chance of crossing paths with the Mad Titan. However, his reputation still spread to every corner of the universe. There was no way she could hear her brother praise this monster with a straight face.

"Right..." Tony trailed off, his tone heavy with sarcasm "While you wait for her to get an epiphany, maybe you could take off the cuffs now?"

Once again, she had almost forgotten that Tony was still tied down. This was the second time they were demanding for him to be released. The feeling of dread in her stomach told her Fenrir had ignored it very intentionally.

"Fenrir," she dropped sternly, separating each word "Let him go."

Her brother glanced at Angie, then back to Tony, seeming completely uninterested "I haven't decided what I'm going to do with you yet, Earthling."

Angie's stomach dropped "Is this a joke?!" She exclaimed.

It took a few seconds to compose herself. She couldn't understand what had gotten into her brother and why he seemed to have it in for Tony.

"Fenrir, if you care about me at all you will let him go."

She saw his jaw clench a little as an exasperated expression melted on his face. He was a little taken aback by the coldness of her tone and frankly, it was mind-boggling that she would care so much about the fate of a simple Earthling.

"Come with me, Angrboda," he finally said, yet again ignoring her request "I want to show you something."

This made Angie's blood boil "I am going nowhere until you release him!"

"Have it your way," he rolled his eyes before calling out "Guards!"

Four men in white uniforms came marching in almost as soon as the word left his mouth. With a small tilt of his head and no words at all, Fenrir made them unlock the cuffs around Tony's ankles and wrists. All hell broke lose at that moment. Angie hurled herself at them, trying to get them off of him but two of the soldiers held her firmly by the arms as she thrashed about madly.

Tony's gaze met hers and she could tell he was trying to reassure her, although panic was clearly painted on his face. The two other guards dragged him out of the room under Angie's horrified protests.

"Where are you taking him?!" she shouted when Tony disappeared in the depth of the spaceship. By then the two guards had let go of her.

Her brother simply shrugged "You wanted those cuffs off, didn't you?"