Of Dreams and Reality

His lips were trailing down her neck, leaving warm kisses along their trail. Caroline whimpered at the feel of his hands softly tracing circle on the skin of her stomach, sending a throbbing sensation down to her core.

"Admit it love, you want this," he purred as his lips came up to suck on her earlobe.

"No," Caroline managed to gasp out, failing to sound defiant. A seductive chuckle from Klaus affirmed this as her hands, as if with their own minds, entwined in his gorgeous blond hair.

His lips moved away from her face as he lowered himself further down her body. His hands slid painfully slow down her sides, causing Caroline to almost whimper again in desperation. His lips covered her chest and stomach in a flurry of kisses, while her hands tugged on the many dog chains hanging from his neck.

There was something unbelievably sexy about those damn dog chains.

The moment he brought his teeth out and began to nibble at her flesh, Caroline had had enough.

In a flash, she had them flipped. Her body arched above his, one of her hands grasping his hands back against the pillows above his head, the other placed on his chest.

"You actions are proving otherwise," Klaus gazed at her in heavy desire.

"Shut up," Caroline growled before crashing her lips against his. She was rewarded with a heavy moan from deep within the beast as his hands easily released themselves from her hold and grasped at Caroline's wild blond hair.

In no time, Klaus was on top again. Both were aching for dominance.

She opened her eyes long enough to see Klaus looking at her, eyes yellow and fangs out.

"Mine," he whispered, before breaking into her flesh.

Caroline sprung up from her bed in a fresh sweat and a familiar aching in her core.

She touched her neck. Porcelain smooth.

She breathed out in frustration. How the hell had that happened? There was no way she could allow herself to have those types of dreams about that man. Even if that dream was steamy, and she enjoyed...defiantly not enjoyed most of it, she couldn't allow herself to lose that much of her resistance simply in her dreams.

Getting out of bed, she quickly headed towards the bathroom, in an undeniable need of a cold shower.

"Enjoying the silence, sweetheart?"

He had followed her scent from the hotel and was quite surprised to find her in the public library, cozied up into a large loveseat.

Caroline didn't look up from reading, a dead serious look on her face.

Klaus leaned over to check out the cover...The Hunger Games.

"Honestly, you should try a classic darling, instead of following the general public's choices."

Caroline met his stare with an icy one of her own.

"First of all, I find classics boring. Second, I do not follow the public's choices. And thirdly, Peeta has to be the most adorable fictional character I've ever read about."

"Peeta?"

"Yes Klaus, Peeta. Now if you don't mind I would like to finish this book in peace. I had an annoying date last night. He left me wanting some peace and quiet."

"As you wish, darling, but you'll have to wait until tonight. Today, I have planned an excellent afternoon for us. A late lunch, some shopping, and then the theatre. We need to get you some dresses that are worthy enough to be worn by you. And I promise you the seats I bought were made exactly for a nice peaceful view of the stage."