Soulmates

Bonnie's eyes narrowed.

"My assistance?" she questioned trying to sound brave. If her suspicions were correct, this man was of them.

"I understand this is very sudden, but it is of the utmost importance. It has to do with your friend, Caroline."

"Caroline? How do you..." Bonnie paused. Caroline did mention something about a Dominic over the phone. She had been more amazed at the Caroline and Klaus parts of the story to listen to anything else.

"I met her while Niklaus was giving her a tour of Paris. My maker, Lucy, wants Caroline dead. I have gotten reports from his brother Elijah that Lucy has most likely kidnapped Niklaus. And knowing Caroline, I fear it may not be a very long time before Caroline goes after him. Lucy, however, is very difficult to destroy. She is protected by a witch's spell, allowing no creature to kill her. I acquire your assistance, Miss Bennett, to help me defeat Lucy and secure Caroline's safety."

Bonnie was left speechless for a moment before asking, "And how the hell am I going kill Lucy? And how can I even trust you?"

"You and I both have a common interest," replied Dominic smoothly. "Caroline. I wish for her to live freely and happily without any danger. And I believe I assume correctly that you would not wish to see your best friend die?"

"I would do anything for Caroline," hissed Bonnie, growing angry at Dominic's smirk.

"Now, are you going to invite me in? We have much to discuss."

"Absolutely not!" Bonnie invaded the doorway, even though she knew perfectly well that he could not come in.

"Alright then. I will need you to find your Grimoire and meet me on your porch," he replied and moved towards the sitting area in front of her house.

Bonnie growled and slammed the door. In no way had she seen this coming. She loved Caroline, but her guy problems needed to stay away from her. Now they had literally flown across the country to her door, pulling her straight into the thick of it. Seeing that she really had no choice as the Dominic guy looked like he really had no intention of leaving, she decided to cooperate.

She found the Grimoire opened on her desk, where she had been trying to find ways to cheat on her homework and went out on the porch.

She roughly sat down next to the black eyed vampire, who simply grabbed the Grimoire from her and began to flip the pages.

"Now Miss Bennet...have you ever recalled a Ruth from your studies in this book?"

That name again. "Well...yes I think so. I think she was in my family tree...somewhere way up top."

Dominic nodded, seeming impressed. "Very good. Ruth does happen to be one of your ancestors. She also happens to be the reason why we cannot destroy Lucy."

She gave him a confused look as he handed her the book, pointing at Ruth's name near the top of the page.

"Your ancestor Ruth and my maker Lucy were very good friends. Lucy was turned into a vampire by Mikael into order to seduce Niklaus and kill him. She, however, fell in love with him and Mikael was forced to kill her. Your ancestor Ruth sacrificed herself to save Lucy, but in doing so put a protection spell on Lucy so strong that nothing could kill her. Now, Lucy is using Ruth's lineage as her method of attack in order to..."

Bonnie rose up quickly. "Just...stop! Let me process this for a moment!"

She paced back and forth as Dominic watched patiently for her to calm down.

"Okay, so let me get this straight. So Ruth is my ancestor, who put a protection spell on Lucy, who was turned into a vampire by Mikael and fell in love with Klaus, who is now with Caroline, who is in danger of being killed by Lucy because Lucy has jealousy issues...did I get it all."