Kisses and Tears

The private jet Klaus ordered boggled Caroline's mind.

A large Arabian rug lay across the floor of the jet. Two love seats sat across from each other in the middle, a coffee table in between already embellished on top with fruits and cheese.

"But seatbelts!" she cried turning to Klaus with a pained expression.

He laughed at her face. Poor thing, she would have to get used to this if they were to go all over Europe Klaus-style.

He took her hand and led her into the body of the jet.

"Only the best are flying us today, love. You will not need it. I've compelled a flight attendant to stay in the back compartment unless we need her for anything."

"Well, that wasn't nice!" Caroline scoffed, throwing herself in a loveseat.

"Then you can call her out more often," Klaus smirked kissing her brow.

Caroline buried her face into Klaus' chest as the jet took off. Klaus had to hold back a chuckle as her breathing came out in scared gasps. Did she not know she was in no danger, with his arms around her?

Caroline finally looked up and around, noticing a flat screen TV and a stereo system. She had to admit she felt very giddy traveling like this.

She turned to look at Klaus, who was shifting throughout his bags...his two bags compared to her eight.

"Are you looking for something?"

"Searching for that bloody book..." he muttered without looking up. "Why don't you finish up your letter to Chloe..."

"I finished it in the airport, moron. I made a huge sermon about how much I missed her as I sealed it. Someone wasn't listening..."

Klaus looked up to a vexed Caroline. She was right. He hadn't listened to hardly a thing she rambled about. His mind was too caught up in the past and to the potential outburst he would have from Caroline once she knew...

His hand finally grabbed onto a book. He pulled out it out, the smell old and faded.

Caroline wrinkled her nose.

"Gross! Why the hell were you carrying that old thing around with you?"

He held up the bag. "This bag is full of some past memories of mine. The other is for my clothes. Never know when I might need some reminders."

Oh, so it was his one bag compared to her eight. Caroline rolled her eyes.

Klaus handed her the book. "Read this. Most of this I can vouch as truth, but you may want me to rule out some things."

Caroline looked at the dirty cover. She could faintly see the title, The Tale of Lucy and Ruth.

"Wait, is this..."

Klaus nodded while simultaneously sitting down next to her and turning her to face away from him.

"The one and only...now if you do not mind, love, I have a fancy to braid your hair."

Caroline was silent before bursting into laughter. "Oh my god, I just had an imagine of Damon looking at us right now. He'd probably be too shocked at seeing you braiding my hair to notice anything else!"

Klaus chuckled and kissed her neck. "Whatever makes you smile, Caroline. Now, will you read?"

"Yes, yes..." she opened the book and she felt Klaus' manly hands gently twine through her hair.

With a happy sigh, she began to read.

The Tale of Lucy and Ruth

Once upon a time in a land far away there lived a very beautiful King and Queen