Confessions

Klaus woke up feeling groggy. His body felt sore all over, something he wasn't quite used to. He looked around the blood-stained room, trying to recall where he was.

And nothing came up. His mind was a blank page.

He sprung from the bed, pacing the bedroom in a sudden panic. His mind struggled to come up with some image of what had happened anytime in the last day.

Caroline...beach....Bekah...Elijah.

There it was! Klaus focused harder.

Dominic...Lucy...kidnap...witches. Memory spell.

He halted in the middle of the room. Oh God, the memory spell...it was working.

He grabbed the nearest object, a chair, and threw it at the wall with a roar, shattering the furniture with a loud bang. This could not be happening. Not this fast.

Caroline.

He closed his eyes, trying to draw in her lovely face.

He hissed under his breath, trying to keep control of his body. A tantrum was the last thing he needed right now. But this was bad. So very bad.

He crossed the room with purpose, heading towards a large desk. He opened up the cabinets in seconds, letting the contents fall out in a mess. His eyes fell on the floor, searching for his key out.

Paper and pencil. Perfect.

In a flash, he had them at the desk and began to draw. He drew in her luscious curls, her captivating smile. Her blue eyes and her slender neck. Every spark of his memory of her, he drew in. Each stroke of the pencil and a new memory would flash through his mind.

He finished the drawing and was surprised to see he drew her when she had said goodbye to him in the airport. Her smile was wide, her eyes full of happiness and lust. The drawing was stunning...she was stunning.

Underneath the portrait, he wrote in the words My Angel, Caroline.

"Klaus!"

Caroline's panicked voice resounded throughout the room, causing Klaus to jolt up from his seat.

"Caroline?" His voice rose to match hers. His whole body was already tense and anxious from the obvious pain in her voice.

"Klaus!" This time the sound seemed to resonate throughout Klaus' body. He grabbed his chest in physical pain as he heard a faint whimper of sadness.

"What's happening?" he whispered to himself. "This could not possibly be..."

He knew the consequences of marking another as his own, although he had never done so before. Two vampires could feel each other's feelings and hear each other's voices across long distances. One would feel physical pain when the other was in pain or in distress.

He and Caroline, however, had never marked each other. There was no explanation to this.

Her voice did not come again. He began to feel groggy once more; he could literally feel the memory spell seeping into him.

He held up the drawing, focusing in on his angel's face.

"No matter what happens...she will never make me forget you."

And with that he folded the drawing and tucked it away.

"Klaus!"

"Caroline, wake up!" Rebekah shook the girl roughly. Beads of sweat dripped down her forehead, her whole body shaking.

Caroline gasped awake. She grabbed Rebekah's arm roughly, trying to steady herself.

"Nightmare...."