Off to Rome

"It's 11 am, do you not think I should go get them?" Elijah said impatiently, pacing the length of the mansion's very large kitchen.

Kol took a large bite from his apple. "My dear brother, judging from Caroline's moans, I would say that I do not think we should go them. But I told Bonnie I would see her soon, so if they're not up in ten minutes, I'm out."

"Same. I have never seen Nik so sexually active in my life, it's starting to nauseate me," groaned Rebekah, sitting next to Kol at the table.

It had been two days. Tomorrow was the day that Klaus and Caroline planned to leave Mystic Falls, Elijah and Rebekah as company. Kol was very adamant to stay. His pursuit of the "gorgeous Bennett witch" was working splendidly and he was no means finished.

"Have you four decided where you are going?"

Rebekah glared at Kol. "I will repeat it, since you never can remember anything. We decided to head off to Rome. I, for one, wanted to go back to Klaus' home in Greece, but it seems everyone is against it."

"We suffered great pain and loss there, sister. I would imagine that Caroline would not want to go off back to Greece for quite some time," Elijah said softly.

"Yes, I know, but I just adore that country....ah here are our two love birds!"

A rather flushed Caroline walked into the kitchen, hastily straightening out her shirt so her bra straps weren't visible.

"Sorry for the hold up, we were...." she blushed again as Klaus swept behind her and giving her neck a quick kiss.

"Yes, yes, we know!" moaned Rebekah. "Now can we please just go over what exactly is happening? I have places to be today."

"Bacon, Caroline?" Klaus asked, ignoring Rebekah's comment and pulling out a pan.

"Yes, please," Caroline replied. Rebekah stared at Caroline for a second before looking at Klaus.

"And since when do you make breakfast?"

"Since I found Caroline's list of her perfect man and #10 said 'A man who cooks for me'. So I decided to get my cooking skills back in order."

"Klaus, you found that list under my bed when you were snooping which obviously means that I didn't really care much for it, plus I made that list when I was 12."

"It was obviously important to you at one time, love. And I am making it happen," Klaus said, placing bacon strips across the pan.

"The plans, brother?" Elijah interrupted the conversation, desperate to get the chit chat back to something he could be a part of.

"Ah, yes. The plans. Well, as you all know, we are going Rome tomorrow. I bought plane tickets for us in the afternoon, so you may all have extra time tomorrow. Then, once we arrive, I'm taking Caroline to see the sights of Rome while you two can do whatever you wish."

"Like come with you?" Rebekah said hopefully. She looked to Caroline for approval.

"Of course, they can come along! Besides, if Klaus is making you guys stay only a month, then I want to spend as much time with you as possible."

"Thank you, Caroline," Elijah said, smiling.

Klaus growled with annoyance. I was trying to get more time for us, Caroline.

I know, love, but I enjoy your family. Do you really blame me?

Klaus smiled at that.

"Soooo, what are the most popular things to see in Rome?" Caroline asked, trying to stop the awkward silence.