❧00

Prologue

"Choosing to be with me will be one of the best risks you ever take, Kim Taehyung."

Taehyung belongs with the Surfers. Jeongguk's a biker. They aren't supposed to be nice to each other, let alone love each other.

Taehyung hovered in the doorway of the front entrance, eyes trained on the convertible that his older brother stood behind. With a final slam of the trunk, his loneliness for the summer was sealed, Jin's teasing salute bidding him farewell as the elder situated himself into the front seat. Top down and the midday breeze in his hair, Taehyung watched the vehicle reverse out of the driveway, bound for his two best friends' houses.

He was supposed to be in the car with Jin, picking up the others and heading out for their annual vacation.

Once his brother was down the street, without any hints of returning, Taehyung retreated into the house's main foyer. His satchel was resting by the staircase and he grabbed it, throwing the shoulder strap over his head and adjusting it on his hip.

Checking the time on his phone, he sighed in relief. He was right on schedule.

"Leaving now, Taehyung?" His mother asked, walking up to him and adjusting the collar of his shirt. Taehyung nodded with a pained smile and stepped away to slip on his shoes. "Do well."

"I will," his smile flickered as he hugged him mother once before he, too, was out the door. Heading for the bus stop outside their neighborhood, Taehyung checked for any updates from the university and his professor. Nothing. Waiting under the shelter, Taehyung mindlessly wandered his phone under the bus arrived. He hadn't heard from his brother yet, but he was sure it was because of traffic on the way to Jimin's house.

The squeal of bus tires rolling to a stop jarred his thoughts away and the young artist climbed up the steps when the heavy doors swung open. As he tapped his card on the sensor for it to shine green, the driver greeted his familiar face.

Taehyung took a seat near the back, only a few people scattered throughout the bus at the midday hour on a warm summer day. Sitting by the window and falling into the seat, he put his bag into his lap and watched the world outside whir by as he fell into deep thought.

Indeed, he should have been with Jin headed for the beach. Instead, he was headed for his university for a job he had miraculously received as an incoming second-year.

His painting professor's assistant. His job was to accompany and aid the senior in trips to museums, in the studio, simply learn, and Taehyung was incredibly honored to have the chance at an early year of college.

It was why he wasn't going to the beach.

With the paradise on his mind, the young male opened his phone and began to scour his old photos stored within.

He found a plentiful amount showcasing midnight bonfires by the shore, Jimin clinging to his back, Hoseok and Jin cooking on the patio grill, the view of the ocean itself.

He closed his eyes and saw the beach captured perfectly in his brain.

Since he was eight years old, he had been going to the shore every summer. One month in the beautiful house, looking upon the sea, spending every passing moment of the shining sun and eerie moon by the water.