❧29

The Best Risk

Taehyung hadn't expected Jeongguk to reach for his hand and twine their fingers together like vines wrapping around one another. He hadn't expected it and audibly gasped when it happened.

Jeongguk sucked in a sharp breath, his whole body tensing when Taehyung's fingers curled around his. The surfer gazed over him in initial worry, and then amazement.

He began to smile, biting his lip to hold it back, but he couldn't help the way it shone because Jeongguk was holding his hand.

Every bit of pain in him, in Jeongguk, seemed to wash away for a few moments. He felt so light and airy, feeling the ridges of Jeongguk's fingers against his own. He could feel the dips of Jeongguk's palm fit where his palm hilled. They fit like a lock and key, so perfectly together and Jeongguk breathed out the happiest curse Taehyung had ever heard in his life.

He laughed excitedly and squeezed the younger's hand, pulling on the bond to hug both hands close to his chest.

"Jeongguk," he whispered, beaming like a brighter source of light than the moon overhead. "Oh my god. What— How does it feel?"

Jeongguk's waterline was shimmery, shiny with the building wetness along the ridge of his eyes and Taehyung's smile softened as the emotions built up in the younger. Jeongguk's lips trembled as he slowly smiled, stun still evident in his hesitant shift like he'd ruin it all with the wrong move.

He leaned forward into Taehyung's chest again, hiding his face there for a moment while resting his forehead on their laced fingers. Taehyung tucked his chin over the biker's skull, smiling at the leather on his back as Jeongguk took his time answering.

"So good— feels so good, Hyung." Jeongguk whispered and Taehyung's heart stuttered hearing Jeongguk's use of hyung. Taehyung had always seen it as a measure of respect to one's closeness, but he hadn't cared whether or not Jeongguk used it. He hadn't expected the younger to, but it made his chest swell that Jeongguk was willing to give Taehyung that respect he'd never needed. "Your hand is so warm and— and it fits so nice—"

"Shh," he hushed when Jeongguk's voice seemed to strain, thumb moving along the back of Jeongguk's hand, feeling over the bumps of his veins and peaks of his knuckles, Jeongguk's rings slipped into the touch, a stark cool against the otherwise warm hand. "I'm glad, Gguk."

He used his free hand to rub fingers up and down Jeongguk's spine, tuning along leather and liking the smooth touch under both his hands.

"I think your hands my favorite to hold." He said, soft like it was a secret just for them. "Feels nicer than everyone else's."

"Good." Jeongguk mumbled against his chest and Taehyung let out a quiet laugh.

"You know, I wasn't expecting you to do that." Taehyung continued. "But, damn, am I so happy you did. You keep amazing me tonight."

Jeongguk didn't say anything, but the surfer could feel the joyful squeeze of his hand, the silent sign of gratitude from the younger.

"How does it feel to finally let it out?"

"Really, really good," Jeongguk lifted his head, shifting a bit away so they could look at one another, "but that was really fucking exhausting."

Taehyung nodded at that, smiling at his honesty and lightheartedness alike. "I can tell you were thinking a lot in that silence, Gguk. Do you want to say any of it aloud?"

"Not... not yet. I don't think I can yet." The younger huffed apologetically, but Taehyung let him be. Jeongguk usually spoke his mind, but it was good for him to think about it for himself, too. "Just know it's better than you think."