❧21

a/n: violence and mentions of death

Resurfacing Nightmares

"What are you doing here?" The mint haired man clenched his jaw, bone jutting out of his pale skin.

"Eavesdropping." Jimin answered straightforwardly and Taehyung's eyes widened in opposition. "Just curious to see what went down."

"Learn to mind your own business, Park." Yoongi seethed at the words, advancing forward and crowding Jimin's space. Taehyung stumbled away slightly, concerned by all means. "You know, I wouldn't put it past you to have called those cops here, to give us a scare. Is that why you were curious? To see if your plan worked?"

His prior facade of cool was gone in a split second.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Jimin denied, throwing his hands into the air and puffing out his chest. "We were just as surprised as you."

"Yeah?" Yoongi glared sharply, meeting Taehyung's eyes and he gulped back the lump in his throat as the imaginary line between them was crossed. The eldest biker stepped up to Taehyung and grabbed his shoulder, pulling him close and baring his anger into Taehyung's face. "Is that true? You really aren't glad to see Namjoon gone?"

"No," Taehyung choked out, truthful in every way. And Yoongi would have to believe him, considering he knew how Taehyung cared for Jeongguk. He ripped his shoulder out of Yoongi's grip, approaching a state of franticness as Jimin pushed Yoongi away from him.

"Don't touch him." Jimin grit out, any lighthearted manner sapped away.

"Aw, what a fragile doll." Yoongi smiled wickedly at the artist. "First, Hoseok coming to your rescue and now Jimin? What are your friends— bodyguards?"

"Hyung," Jeongguk called out to Yoongi and Taehyung felt his chest shake with his deep breath, distorted face meeting Jeongguk's equally emotionally confused expression. "Come on, we have better places to be."

"Fucking asshole." Jimin snipped at the senior biker. "Taehyung's much stronger than us both."

"Jimin, don't." Taehyung's voice was pleading, especially when he didn't feel strong at all. He'd just escaped what felt like the first nightmare of the day with those officers and he wasn't sure where things were going. He usually had good judgement and he didn't see the situation going anywhere good.

"No, you're a coward, Yoongi." His best friend continued anyway, disregarding Taehyung's plea. "Talking shit about Taehyung when you don't know the half of it. He helped you guys in there, too!"

"I'm a coward?" Yoongi hissed in Jimin's face, their chests touching and Taehyung desperately looked at Jeongguk for some sign of stopping the mess. "You don't know anything about me and you're calling me a coward."

Taehyung somewhat believed Yoongi was a coward, to some extent. Hiding behind a blatant lie instead of facing his mistakes. Feeding Jeongguk anything but the truth. Despite what Jeongguk knew of Yoongi's life, Taehyung had every reason to agree with Jimin.

"I said exactly what I said." Jimin answered. "That's what happens when you go beat people up and escape the legal action you deserve."

"Okay, that's it," Jeongguk suddenly stepped between them and Taehyung let out a breath of relief, chest easing. "We're going, Yoongi. Thanks for your fucking opinion, Jimin."

"Gladly." Taehyung slapped Jimin's arm, glaring at his intervention. "Don't slap me for telling him what his pathetic ass needed to hear."

"Oh, fuck you." Yoongi suddenly wrenched his body past Jeongguk's barrier and latched his fingers onto Jimin's collar. Taehyung yelped in surprise as his best friend staggered a few feet in Yoongi's hands, making him curse. "You see, Jimin, I'm not all bark and no bite like you, so watch what you say."