These scars wont heal |2|

Sal's POV

I kept going back there to talk to him. We've gotten closer, but Larry is really annoyed that I go though. I don't know why? It's weird, but I feel oddly comfortable with Travis. At first, he seems like an asshole, but I can see that he's more than that, he was just judged too early.

The bell rung and I headed to the bathroom. I really did enjoy talking with him, but he insisted that we keep it here.

I sat in the bathroom waiting, but he didn't show up. Eventually, the bell rang and I was disappointed, I really needed someone today,

I was mentally preparing myself to tell Larry something that was really important to me. I sighed and made it to my next class.

I saw Travis sitting in his seat, he glanced at me but quickly looked away. I leaned into my seat and shoved my backpack onto the floor below me.

He didn't look at me for the rest of the day. I wonder what's wrong.

Time skip—

I caught up to Larry when we were walking back to apartments.

"Do you wanna hang out when we get home?" I asked

He smiled and punched my arm playfully.

"What were you thinking of doing? Homework?"

I smiled, this was nice.

Eventually, we got to the apartments and went straight to his apartment. I was really anxious, I had to tell him today or I won't ever get to. We sat in his room listening to Sanitys fall.

I had my prosthetic off, but I felt vulnerable. So, I grabbed it and held it to my face, Larry noticed and turned down the volume staring at me.

"Sal, are you okay?"

"Lar? I gotta tell you something, and it's serious, so don't make any jokes, okay?"

He nodded and moved closer to me, I turned my face away.

"I like you, Larry"

"Well I like you too Sal" he looked confused.

"No, Larry, like more than a friend..."

He shifted uncomfortably and put a hand on my head, I looked towards him and he moved my prosthetic away.

"Sal, I don't like you like that...I'm sorry."

I gave him a sad smile, my eyes stung with tears, but I held them back. He smiled back, but the tension could be cut by a knife.

I got to my feet and strapped on my Prosthetic. My hands were shaking uncontrollably and Larry watched me with a pained expression.

"I uh...I gotta go, my dad probably needs me anyway..." I said, my entire body couldn't stop shaking. "I-I'll see you later." I left quickly as I heard Larry call me.

I just practically killed our relationship.

Warning this part is a vivid description that involves self-harm, if you are sensitive please skip it

I stared at my bare face in the mirror,

"Freak..." I sneered, "you fucking just ruined a good friendship for some stupid crush!!" I was sobbing tears pouring from my eyes, I laid on the floor hugging my knees until I stopped crying.

"Pussy..." I got up and pulled out my dad's razors. I sat in the bathtub and pulled up my sleeves.

I smiled sadly, tears steadily leaking from my eye. I pinched the razor and glided it across my wrist. I watched the blood pour from the opening and slide down my arm.

Nothing felt better than my old friends. My sad smile stayed and I made more cuts, slices, openings. The blood dripped down onto the white plastic of the bathtub. Eventually, the tears and blood stopped flowing.

Today was not a good day.

Time skip to the next day—

I walked to school alone today, I walked in alone today, I opened my locker alone today, I was alone. I hadn't slept well either. My arm was wrapped but I had a long-sleeved sweater on.

Travis spotted me and he looked confused. Larry wasn't with me, nor Ash, nor Todd. He smiled at me and I looked away, oh no, I shouldn't have done that.

I made my way to the bathroom, I slid into a stall and sat, hugging my knees. I heard the bathroom door open

"Sal.." It was Travis.

"Not today...please."

I tried to tell him, no, but he locked the door and slid under the stall. I dug my face into my knees.

He hugged me, I was surprised. It was a bit awkward.

"You don't do this much, huh?" I chuckled giving him a small smile.

"Shut up Asshole I'm trying to be nice."

We sat in silence.

"Where were you yesterday?"

I was able to form the words but barely, he let go of me and adjusted his sweater.

"Before we get to that, asshat, tell me what's wrong?"

"I told Larry."

He smiled sadly, understanding.

"He doesn't see me that way, but it's not that it's that I probably ruined our relationship completely...I'm such an idiot."

I chuckled at the end trying to ease the conversation, but he just stared at me.

"I'm sorry you didn't get the answer you wanted."

"It's fine."

"We could...hang out after school, I'll just tell my dad that I'm teaching you about our church"

I smiled and nodded. "that'd be nice." He hugged me again. I heard the door handle jiggle and our moment was ruined, the door bust open.

"Sal?"

It was Larry I tried not to make a sound but I ended up sobbing. Larry walked over to the stall we were in.

"Please Sal." I heard him plead.

"Go away, Larry."

I said firmly, as Travis' grip tightened around me.

"I'm coming in."

He broke open the stall, his face turning to a sour expression.

"Oh...Travis..."

"Fuck off f**, he asked you to leave now go!"

I pinched him when he said that. He promised he wouldn't use that word anymore.  I leaned into his chest and stood up, reluctantly pulling myself away from his warm embrace.

"Thank you, Travis, I'll see you later okay?"

He looked disappointed but nodded anyway. I smiled and he looked away, I walked out before Larry could talk.

I didn't want to make things worse.