Platonic |25|

Quote of the chapter: 'this shit keeps me breathing' quoted from the dedicated person.

Sal's POV

I know this smell...it's Larry. Of course, it is...he's always here to help me...to catch me when I fall. Ugh, why'd I think it was Travis...?

"Young man, move and let God enter this boy's, tainted heart." Travis' dad sneered.

"No." Larry's voice was firm. "How about you give me that fucking prosthetic and enroll in manner school? Maybe...you should treat others the way you want to be treated. I mean, that's what you tell the kids here right? Then stop acting like a fucking five-year-old, ignorant cunt. You are a grown man and you're picking on a 18-year-old with a prosthetic? Grow up."

By now everyone was silent, so silent you could hear a pin drop. It was unsettling.

"Nothing to say? Good, we'll take our leave." I didn't see anything, but I heard shuffling and felt Larry push something into my hands. I identified it as my prosthetic and held it to my face.

Larry stood up and held his hand out to me. I took it and he helped me up and down the aisle. Before we left, I glanced back at Travis. He stared back at me with teary eyes and a blonde girl attached to his arm.

I wanted it to be him...does he not care enough? He stood up for me before...did he lose feelings for me..? He had his arm candy, maybe he loves her now... Does she have something I don't have? Am I not good enough..?

...is something wrong with me?

Terrible thoughts flood my mind as Larry strapped me into the passenger seat of his car.

Does he not love me enough...does he not love me anymore..?

Has he ever even loved me at all?

I wanted to scream and cry, I don't want to be here. I just want to curl up and die. I love him...how could he just...watch?

Larry's POV

We finally got out of that hell hole and now we're sitting in my room.

I'm sitting here having to calm my best friend down. I sigh softly. He doesn't deserve any of this. I just want to protect him from the world, give him a safe space.

I comb my fingers through Sal's slightly tangled blue hair, cooing softly at the poor trembling blueberry. "Hey shhh...it's okay..."
"Just breathe..."
"I'm here..."
"You're okay..."

It makes me so angry just to think of what he's gone through and now he has to deal with this bullshit. He has given so much to other people without any expectation to get anything in return, and this is how he's treated?

Sal eventually stops crying and is all just sniffles and shaky breaths.

I just hum a soft tune, rocking him gently. He wraps his arms around me weakly, as I rub circles into his back.

"Hey, Larry..?"

"Yeah, Sal..?"

"Never leave me...okay?"

"I promise I'll never leave you..."

"Thank you..."

He relaxes into my shoulder with a small sigh.
I never want to make him feel like this...never. I'll be content with being his friend...his safe place.

I can't ruin this with petty feelings. So...our relationship will stay platonic.

I'll be his safety blanket.

————————————————————

I personally think platonic relationships are the best kind of relationship you can have.

I'm sorry it took me 12-13 days to get this out, I like to keep the wait time short. But I had no idea where I wanted this to go. Also, I'm sorry that this one is short, but i needed a filler chapter. Thank you for sticking with me. ❤️