The Beginning |21|

Sal's POV

I smiled as I was saying bye to Travis, "so...you're gonna go talk to Larry?" I nodded, "he needs me."
He frowned and looked away, "Yeah okay."

I tilted my head and took his hand, "he told me he doesn't like me like that Travis." I kissed his cheek, "you're my boyfriend and he's my best friend." I intertwined our fingers, "you guys are gonna have to learn how to get along...cause I can't handle having to divide my time like that." Or having to choose.

He gave me one of those beautiful smiles, "of course, I'll do my best, Angel" he kissed my forehead, i cupped his cheeks, "you're so handsome, Travy" his cheeks dusted a light pink, before he smiled again and kissed me.

We held the kiss and he pulled me closer, wrapping his arms around my waist. I smiled into the kiss and hugged his neck. We eventually pulled away for air, stupid lungs...

He gave me one last squeeze before reaching for his shoes.

I heard glass shatter and I flinched, looking over to my Dad's door. "I-I uhm..." I took Travis' hand and pulled him towards the front door, "y-you need to leave..." I was trembling, he stopped and pulled me into a hug.

"Angel, What's wrong?" I looked at him confused, did he not hear the glass break?

I haven't told him about what my dad did. How could I? He has it much worse than I do.

I gave him a wearily fake smile, "nothing, Baby." He nodded as we made it to the front door. I frowned as I caught a whiff of beer and piss, I snapped my eyes to my Dad's bedroom.

He was standing in the door way, drunk I'm assuming, covered in sweat and what looks like pee drenched clothing. I flinched when started to yell, "hey! The fuck you doing in my house" he was referring to Travis, "I invited him over, Dad." His face twisted into disgust

"Faggot." He scoffed and took a swig if his beer. I gripped Travis' hand and he squeezed it back.
"Get th-the fuck out!" My dads harsh words were slurred and his jersey accent was heavy.

"Dad please—" I was interrupted by him throwing the glass bottle at my feet, "Sh-Shut the fuck up you Freak!" I tried to cover my face with my shirt, Travis took my wrist and pulled it away, "you're beautiful Sal." He whispered to me.

Tears poured from my eye, I shook my head, not noticing, until it was too late, that my dad had walked in front of me. "Don't fuc-fucking touch him!" My dad grabbed onto my short tuff of hair and flung me across the floor. I grimaced when I hit the wall.

I curled up into a ball, as I yelped out in pain. "Sally!" Travis went to run for me but my dad took hold of Travis' arm. "You ain't goin' anywhere near him you little shit" he spat out. "Excuse me sir." Travis said in the calmest voice I've ever heard him speak in.

"This will be counted as assault against a minor and child abuse if you do not let me go right now." My Dads eyes widened as he let go of him. "You'll regret talking to me like that boy..." he glared daggers at us before throwing a tantrum and knocking over furniture.

Travis rushed over to me and scooped me up in his arms, hurriedly running out the front door. "are you okay, Angel?" He asked worriedly, looking over my skin for any bruising, I nodded and curled up in his arms. "I'll take you to Larry's."

Larry's POV

I smiled as I opened the door, the smile quickly turning to a frown as I saw a frightened looking Travis cradling a battered Sal. I furrowed my eyebrows and moved out of the way so he could come in.

Why was Travis with Sal? Fuck man, stop, they're obviously friends, why else would he fucking be there?

I shut the door behind them, "lay him on my bed, okay?" He nodded firmly and held him closer, taking a left towards my bedroom. He disappears and I follow suit after getting some ice packs.

Travis was sitting next to the curled up Sal, petting his hair and cooing at him quietly. I sighed softly and walked over, climbing over Sal and sat behind him. I lifted his shirt and scanned over his back looking for bruising, I frowned seeing a big one started to form.

I held a wrapped ice pack on it, I heard Sal gasp softly from the sudden coldness. "L-Larbear?" I heard him call out to me, I hummed in response. As he rolled over to face me I took the ice pack away.

He grunted as he sat up and fell into my arms, I held him close, placing the ice pack back on the newly forming bruise. Travis takes Sal's hand and squeezes it softly before whispering something to Sal, I feel him nod, moving his face into my chest.

Travis smiles a bit before letting go of his hand and waving to me slightly. "I'll show myself out. Thank you Larry..." I give him a forced smile as he leaves.

"Poor Blue..." I coo at him pushing my face into his hair, Henry is going down. I growl softly and feel Sal snuggle into my chest.

My little blue muffin. I'm so sorry. "I'm sorry."