Proud |14|

Sal wanted to walk me home, so I let him walk me half way, I gave him a tight hug "please go get some rest." He nodded and smiled. I watched him head down the side walk, he turned to wave and I smiled to myself.
———
I walked up the steps of my house, it was around the time I got home usually. I turned the handle and pushed my body against the door, opening it.

I closed it gently and was greeted by the sound of laughing, what? What the fuck? Is someone here?

I dropped my bag off my shoulder and put it away neatly by my shoes, I step around the corner and 4 sets of eyes rest upon me. Fear in me rises, Cassie and her dad are sitting on the couch across from my father and my mother.

My dad is smiling, it's so weird to see him actually smile...it's kind of creepy...

"Travis! Look who's here!" My mother pipes in, I smile my perfect little smile and wave

Cas stands and walks over with her arms wide, she hugs me, "Oh, thank you so much Travis!" I make a confused face and she lets go.

"Cassie here tells me that you defended her against some blue haired punk,"

What the hell? "I uh—"

"No need to say anything son" my mother said calmly with a smile, Cas held onto my arm. I kept on a fake smile as my parents and her dad caught up.
————
"You're welcome, my love..." She whispered as she hugged me goodbye, her hot breath tickled my ear. I huffed shaking my head and turning my face away. I saw them off and locked the door behind them.

As I was about to head upstairs I felt a hand grip my shoulder, I turned

It was my dad and he was...smiling...at me.

"I'm proud of you son" he just.. he's.. HES PROUD OF ME? I could barely contain my smile, "you defended your woman's honor today" my happiness faltered

Oh, right. He didn't know the truth, he gripped my shoulder slightly then let go and moved into the kitchen.

I trudged up to my room turning right, into my bedroom, I shut the door quietly and fell onto my bed. The springs creaked for a moment, I felt the smile creep back onto my face, I know he wouldn't be if he had known the truth, but it still made me happy to hear him say that.

Tears rolled down my face as I laughed out of excitement into my pillow. Maybe I should call Sal tonight. My cheeks reddened at just the thought of him, my smile turned into a big stupid one.

Why does he make me feel this way?

Hi! Yes I know this is a short chapter, but I'm tired and I didn't have a lot I wanted to do with this one, so forgive me for any spelling/grammar mistakes!!

Vote it up, AND THANK YOU FOR 6K VIEWS LIKE WOW WTF!!!❤️❤️❤️💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💙💙💙💙💜💜💜🧡💚💚💚💚💓💓💓💓💓🧡