Horrible Things |12|

Sal's POV

I say goodbye to Travis, we had walked each other to class, since his was right next to mine. I sat at my assigned desk, threw my bag by my feet and slouched over in the chair.

I have been so exhausted lately, I have no idea why. I sat there like that for a few minutes, waiting. The bell eventually rang and I sat up, but as I did I got an uneasy feeling.

The uneasy feeling began to make me really anxious, I pulled on the rubber band around my wrist. I snapped it, trying to keep myself calm, what the fuck is wrong I thought to myself trying and failing to pull myself together.

I looked around and there it was the source of my anxiety. The girl from yesterday, she was glaring daggers at me. I turned my attention away, the fuck does she want??

The whole period was horrible and hard to get through, my anxiety skyrocketed and I couldn't focus on any of my work. I got up and left the classroom to head to the bathroom, my teacher understood that if I do that, it's for my own good.

I closed myself in a stall and hugged my knees, I couldn't breathe, the tears wouldn't stop. "Please stop...please stop..." I said barely audibly. I rocked slowly, as I started to calm down the door freaked open.

I held my breath, "Hello?" It was a girl voice, I frowned when I heard her footsteps stop in front of my stall.

I took small breaths, "he doesn't want you Sally Face." Her words stung my heart, "w-what?"

She chuckled "Travis, he doesn't want you in his life"
Her words hurt, "th-that's not true..."

"Yes it is, you're a fa***t, a flamer. You're unholy, and a slut. You shouldn't be here, you're worthless. He's just pitying you, he's never hang out with some whiny little whore like you" I wanted to yell at her, but I couldn't speak, I could only cry harder.

She snickered softly and left the bathroom with a click of her heels in time with the bell.

It's true, all of it... I'm nothing but a worthless piece of shit that deserves to die...

I couldn't move, it was lunch period and I know that once Larry and Travis see I'm not there, they'll come looking for me. They'll see I'm a mess, I don't want to worry them...

I force myself to get up, I move out of the stall, then the bathroom, and then down the hall. I'm spaced out, and confused, where am I?

I fall into someone, "s-sorry" their arms wrap around me, they're talking to me but I can't make out what they're saying. My mind is too busy.

I look up at them, it's...it's Larry. I bury myself in his chest. He coos at me and pets my hair, I finally am able to take in my surroundings. I'm being held by Larry, in the hallway...during lunch...

I look up at Larry and he gives me a small smile. "It's okay, Sal...I'm here." I nod and take a shaky breath, "thank you...whe-where's Travis?" He smiled but it was sad.

I poked his nose with a trembling hand. He smiled and said "He was here, but when he saw you he said he'd be right back and left." I sighed and laid the forehead of my prosthetic against his chest.

Does he care? Is what she said true..? Does he just...pity me?... is that why he kissed me?...