An End to the Beginning |32| (pt 2/2)

Travis' POV:

Can't I just go see Sal..?

I must've spoken aloud cause Casey just rubbed my back, "We have to speak to the police first, give them a report, then we can go see him."

I mean I guess she could also be a mind reader..?
I look at her questionably, Nah definitely not.

I can't even bring my body to let me speak, how am I gonna give them a report??? I feel like I'm mostly disassociated, that's probably what's happening right now.

The officers she spoke of came up to us a few minutes later, but I obviously couldn't tell them anything so they said that I could come down to the station tomorrow.

I don't care, I don't care about any of this right now!

I just want to go see my Angel.

~~~m~e~a~n~w~h~i~l~e~~~
Sally's POV:

I called Travis so many times, he hasn't answered, holy fuck, he hasn't answered. "Why the hell hasn't he answered?!"

"Jesus, Sal! Calm the hell down!" Larry huffed out, "you're only stressing yourself out thinking like that, he's probably just busy having a big emotional moment!"

I chewed anxiously at the skin around my nails, "But what if his dad- Oh god!! What if he's dead?! I knew I should've gone with him!"

As I started to panic, there was a knock at the door. I locked eyes with Larry for a solid second before we both stepped over to see who it was. Anxiety rose in my chest and steadily fell as Larry opened the door to see it was just the pizza delivery guy, "Uh...hi did somebody order an uhh...a large everything..?"

Larry let out a soft sigh and nodded, "That was us...thank you," he said with a slight frown. The brunette handed the kid what he owed, before taking the Pizza from him and letting me shut the door.

Come on, Travis...

"Come and eat, Sal...you haven't eaten yet today..." Larry hummed as he opened the pizza box, which, by the way, was the wrong order. "Too fucking bad Pizza World isn't open anymore, the new place can't even get a simple order correct."

I looked over and rolled my eyes, "just call and tell them they made a mistake! Why didn't you tell that kid that at the door?" Larry shook his head in disapproval.

"No no, Sal...I thought I taught you better!" he joked, "We're definitely going to get a spit flavoured pizza if we complain about getting a perfectly okay, perfectly intact piece of food from this place. Have you seen the restaurant?"

I sighed softly at the comment, shuffling over to wait by the door, "No...I haven't."

The brunette let out a huff of air, "plus it would've taken another hour!" He groaned and looked at Me, "Come on Sal...please come eat."

I stubbornly shook my head, "I'm too anxious to eat, I might throw up if I try to stuff my face with pizza."

Larry sighed and got up, "Then lets at least play video games or something, man—" my best friend was interrupted, with yet another few knocks, they sounded slightly frantic. Well, it could just be that the delivery guy realized he got the wrong pizza, so I just sat on the edge of the coffee table as Larry answered the door.

I peeked up slightly when I heard a familiar voice, and the door opening, "Mmf..! Travis??" I called out and got back up onto my feet, pushing past Larry to tightly hugging my boyfriend. The blondie tensed up, but soon melted into our hug, I could feel him slowly wrapping his arms around me.

He seemed a bit weak at the moment and that just made me want to coddle him with love, and blankets, and hot tea, but honestly that wasn't really our concern at the moment.

After a minute or so, I heated Larry chuckle and let the other two people, who I didn't even know was there, in.

"Mmmm...lets go inside..." he hummed softly, pressing a few loving kisses to my blondie's cheek as he nodded slowly. I took his hand in my own and carefully led him inside, softly shutting the door behind us.

Once I knew Travis wasn't hurt and that he was okay and settled on the couch, I sat down next to him, looking over to examine the people who had came with Travis.

There was a slender, peaceful woman that resembled Travis, who, I'm assuming, is his mom, and then there was Casey. So I'm assuming we're all just going to ignore the fact that Casey was literally a bitch to us earlier this week?

Okay...great.

The pristine woman looked over at me and Travis as my blondie took my hand, and smiled a soft, kind smile. It was the type of smile only a mom could make, a patient and a proud one.

That smile made everything seem right in the world after the day we all went through. The once anxious room felt a wave of calm wash over it, leaving us all with a contagious smile.

Years Later, 3rd person:

      Travis and Sally stood hand in hand in front of the tall building. the structure was made of neatly laid bricks and had a rickety old sign with peeling paint that read 'Adoption Center' in black pasted-on letters. The two felt anxious and excited at the same time, they were finally adopting their two little boys after years of getting their lives in order. One was a quiet, little toddler and the other a small, chubby, baby boy. The boys were only a few years apart, and even though they weren't brothers originally, they grew close over the time they had met their almost parents.

"Hey, guys!" a happy voice called out from behind the two to-be parents. They turned to see Travis' self-proclaimed sister, Casey, waving to them as she climbed the stone steps. After the incident, Casey had declared she would protect the blondie and his blueberry, and since then had discovered herself outside of the church. She now proudly rocks piercings, heels, leather jackets, and, oh yeah, a shaved head.

Sally's expression brightened, "Oh Cas! we're so happy you decided to come!" he said, moving to give her a hug.

"No way I'd miss this! I'm getting two nephews who I get to turn into complete badasses!" she said with a small giggle, giving the blueboy a tight hug. "Say...where's Larbear? I thought he was coming?" she asked, letting go and setting her hands on her hips.

"Oh, he's helping finish up the boys' rooms for us," Sal replied with a smile, watching as Casey slung an arm around Travis' shoulders.

Travis has been checking his phone and let out a sigh, "Mom says she won't be able to make it because of the case..." he spoke sourly.

The bluenette frowned at the bitter mood, "Babe, it's okay..! I'm sure she'll come later, after all...she is becoming a grandma and you know how much she loves kids."

Sally tried to lighten Travis' mood and his attempt was successful because a sweet smile started to grow the blondie's face, "Yeah...you're right, Blue...let's go."

So the three walked up the stairs, Sal and Travis hand in hand as they reached the door. This is what they've been looking forward to for years.

They were about to start a new chapter, a beautiful chapter of their lives. It was going to be full of surprises and new responsibilities, but after all...they have their family by their side, so they knew they'd be just fine.

And in they went.

Wow...I cannot believe we got this far. This book has been so amazing to write. Thank you so much for everyone I've met and everything you've gone through with me. I'm sad to see this go, but I'm excited for this to be published. You guys got this book so far and I'm so incredibly happy with how many reads and stars this has gotten, so really thank you for being here. I couldn't have gotten here without you, and on that note...since I dedicate every chapter to one of the fans of this book, I can't just choose one person for this, so this chapter is dedicated to every single one of you.

Everyone who reads this, I love you, you're absolutely wonderful. Feel free to message me, I'll do my best to answer quickly. You guys are the best and I'll see you in the next book.

Goodbye for now ❤️