Ducktales (2017 reboot): Singing A Lullaby

"Gracie, do you know what day it is today?" Winterello asked as Gracie looked down at her and and faced her eyes back to watch where she was walking as she had began to think.

"I think it is your birthday today. Happy birthday, Winterello-" Gracie said. 

She was cut off by the 12 year old girl who looked angry ahead and started to say something.

"I don't want to celebrate my birthday. It brings a horrible memory from seven years ago." 

"Why?" Gracie asked curiously. 

"Because her dad left on her 5th birthday and she doesn't want to celebrate or remember that her dad left on her 5th birthday."

Gracie jumped a little to the familiar voice and opened the pocket with the picture of her family and her last peppermint to see Riley munching on the last peppermint.

"Riley, why are you at the height of a mouse and eating my last peppermint?" 

The 12 year old girl jumps out of Gracie's pocket and went back to her normal height.

"I also wanted to help find your family and stop Evil Gracie and I was kind of hungry." 

Gracie laughed a little and ruffled the young girl's hair and continued to walk with everyone until the 12 year old kids complained that they were getting tired.

"Hey, um, Gracie, could you please sing me, my brothers, and the girls a song so we could fall asleep? Launchpad said you sang very wonderfully." Louie said as Gracie looked down from her gaze at the stars and moon in the sky at the young 12 year old duck boy.

"He did? I mean, sure, why not." 

Gracie sat down in with the kids and then began to sing a lullaby she didn't know or understand how she knew the lullaby in the first place.

[Gracie:] 

There will come a soldier
Who carries a mighty sword
He will tear your city down, o lei o lai o lord
O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord
He will tear your city down, o lei o lai o lord

There will come a poet
Whose weapon is his word
He will slay you with his tongue, o lei o lai o lord
O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord
He will slay you with his tongue, o lei o lai o lord

There will come a ruler
Whose brow is laid in thorn
Smeared with oil like David's boy, o lei o lai o lord
O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord
Smeared with oil like David's boy, o lei o lai o lord

O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord
He will tear your city down, o lei o lai
Oh

O lei, o lai, o lei, o lai oh

Oh

(End) 

As the kids fell fast asleep from the lullaby, Gracie smiled and walked to sit in front of the fire she helped Huey with and looked deeply at the fire as thoughts of her family came to her mind. 

Gracie then heard someone clear their throat and she turned around to see Launchpad standing behind her and he walked over and sat right next to her.

"That was nice of you to sing for the kids."

"Thanks."

Launchpad then took his coat off and put it on Gracie who was slightly shivering from the cold.

Gracie sat there in shock and looked at him with her brown eyes into his eyes and Launchpad could tell that she was confused on why he put his coat on her.

"You looked kind of cold." 

"Thank you for the kind gesture. No guy at the high school here in Duckburg has never been nice to me before because I'm-" Gracie said mid sentence. 

"Different. I see that and you are beautiful, Gracie. I, um, uh-" Launchpad said. stopped Gracie off of her sentence. 

Launchpad got cut off by Gracie kissing his cheek and smiled as she laid down on the ground to sleep.

Launchpad lightly touched the side of his face and smiled as he laid down right next to Gracie when he felt her wrap her arms around him and her face nuzzled into his chest as he started to blush and fell asleep. 

The next morning, the group woke up and started down the road to find Gracie's human gem hybrid family.

"Hey, Gracie, do you think that we are going to find your family?" Dewey asked as Gracie looked ahead of her and smiled happily at this question of his. 

"Of course, we will. Remember that I can feel it in my heart? All we need is hope, Dewey-" Gracie said mid sentence. 

She was cut off by someone screaming and four humans jumping out of the brush with different weapons and different colored masks covering their faces.

"You come with us." The tall human with orange mask said going up to Gracie. 

The tall human grabbing her hand and bringing her to the group when- 

"She's not gonna go with you." Louie said grabbing Gracie's other hand and led her right back to where the others were. 

Launchpad placed his hand on her shoulder. 

Gracie turned to him and gave him a "Hey, I'm gonna be okay" look and he nodded. 

She walked up to the four humans and went up to the tall human wearing the orange mask as he looked at her through the orange mask eye holes. 

Gracie was hesitant to take the tall person's mask and took it off to reveal a young man who was probably twenty or thirty years old and resembled a person she knew, but couldn't put her finger on it.

The 17 year old girl then reached her hand out to touch the guy's facial features and looked at him with her brown eyes into his eyes and smiled at him.

The guy smiled back and and held up both of his hands as Gracie looked at his hands to see no gem on them and her smile starts to fade from her face.

"I'm sure you don't remember me, but we could really have you come back home with us."

The guy gestures to the three other people. 

They took off their masks to reveal two boys, the first boy has medium black to brown hair and looked to be 16 years old, the second boy had blonde with and looked to be 12 years old, and lastly, a girl with black hair and looked to be 14 years old, and the three people had gems just like Gracie, who in particular was filled with joy.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe we've found you guys. Do you know how many years I've been waiting to see my family again? Only 17 years." Gracie said. 

Gracie looked at the gang with tears streaming down from her eyes.

"I'm home again." 

*** 

*To Be Continued in "Ducktales (2017 reboot): Human" and OH MY GOSH, GRACIE GOT TO MEET AND FIND HER FAMILY!!!!!! PEACE!!!!!* 

I, my family, and the story plot belongs to me 

Maya belongs to MayanMoonlightArende

Winterello and Riley belongs to randomstories_girl

Ducktales 2017 reboot belongs to Disney 

"Soldier, Poet, King" song and lyrics belongs to The Oh Hellos 

All rights reserved