13

Armani's POV

The school day ended and I arrive home from a long and chaotic ass day.

I open the door and lock it behind me and head up to my room. But before I step foot past the counter, I am grabbed by my arm and slammed against the wall and i wince in pain.

My mom grabs ahold of my face and holds up a letter from my principle and laughs evilly.

" Dear Mr and Mrs. Graham, I write this letter to inform you that your daughter has not only have had over 5 detentions over he past 1 and a half weeks but also was witnessed skipping class with another student.

I will be happy to set up a conference regarding your child's attendance and grades on Friday of next week...."

She reads and I stay quiet. Damn letters get typed and sent hella fast when hey tryna bust you.

"Oh so you are just gonna stay quiet?" She asks and I don't speak.

"I am so fed up knowing I gave birth to a disappoitment." She scoffed and that was the last straw.

"Disappointment? Me? Oh bitcchhhh you got it so twisted." I laughed and she tilted her head and furrowed her eyebrows ans crossed her arms. "Hold the fuck u-" "no you hold the fuck up because I am not finished..." I stepped to her and said to her face.

"I am so done with our bullshit. Thinking you run this house and can hoe around with whoever and abuse me..." I spoke through gritted teeth and anger filled her eyes and her pupils dilated.

Then she bring up her fist and swung and made contact with my eye.

I hit the wall and she came at me and grabbed my hair and dragged me to the living room and threw me against the coffee table.

I lifted myself up off the ground and looked up. She was about to hit me again when my dad came up behind her and grabbed her by the arm and pulled her away from me.

"Get your fucking hands off me!" She yelled out and slapped my dad in the face. But my dad did not touch her, nor did he riase his voice. He simply opened the front door and gestured for her to leave.

"I am not leaving this is my damn h-" "I pay the bills here, not you. Now leave or I'm calling the police." My dad calmly said and she stopped talking.

She set the letter on the table, grabbed her purse and stepped to my dad. "Give me the keys." She said aggressively and he smiled. "Sorry, cars in my name. You can walk. Ur mom lives 3 streets over." He said sweetly and she rolled her eyes and walked out of the house.

I got up on my feet, and went into the kitchen to get my backpack from the ground and headed up to my room.

"Armani..." My dad said touching my shoulder anf i turned around. "I- I'm sorry." He said with shame and i furrowed my eyebrows together.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked and he sighed. "Because I refuse to divorce her...." He says and I hug him. "It's okay. But not all kids need both parents. Sometimes one good one is better than a fucked up family." I said and he pinched me.

"Hey." I laughed and he smiled. "Watch ur mouth okay." He laughed and I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Okay..." I stated and he grabbed the paper off the table and read it.

"Armani you promi-" "look dad, I know. Its just complicated right now. My biology teacher thinks he can just-" "Mr. Dolan?" He asked and I nodded.

"I thought you liked him." He did confused and I shrugged. "Well..." I started to say but just shook it off and shrugged. "I'll try not to get detention... Again." I said and he nodded.

"And skipping class?" He asked and i pressed my lips together. "We went to lunch, but came right back." I said truthfully and he crossed his arms over his chest. "We?" He lifted a brow and i scoffed.

"Did I say we i mean-" "Armani." He interrupted and I sighed. "Fine, it was me and... Lucas." I said and he laughed.

"Lucas? Dang... Haven't seen that kids since 6th grade. How's he doing?" He asked and I furrowed my brows together. "Um, good." I said and narrowed my eyes and he nodded.

"Well go do your homework. I have to work night shift. I won be back until tomorrow around 8 am." He said and I nodded.

"What about mom?" I asked and he sighed. "What about her?" He asked and I shook my head. "Nothing. Um I love you. See you tomorrow." I said and hugged him and headed to my room.