19

We arrive in town a few hours away from the city and I watch as the downtown buildings glow and are filled with smiling faces.

We come to a stop and he gets out and hands his keys to a man in a red vest and soon my door is opened for me. He grabs my hand and helps me out and i smile at the kind gesture. "Why thank you, Mr.Dolan." i smirk and he holds out his arm and i hook my hand around the bend of his elbow and we walk inside.

"Wow this is so fancy." I laugh and he shrugs. "nah not at all." He smiles and I lift a brow as I examine the gold trimmings, lace curtains, and chandeliers hanging throughout the restaurant.

"Reservations for Dolan." He says and the host smiles as she grabs our menus and escorts us to our table. We walk past tables of people and i am relieved when not one of them know about us and our situation. It's like we are just a normal lovely couple.

"Your table Mr. And Mrs. Dolan." She smiles and my mouth drops. Our table is outside on a balcony, surrounded with lights and roses with a view of the town below. Grayson looks over at me and slides the chair from under the table and gestures for me to sit.

"Champagne?" The server asks and I look a gray with a look and he chuckled. "yes that will be fine." He smiles and the server walks off.

"So, what do you think?" He asks and my eyes are wide. "What do i think? Well um wow im glad i didnt wear my boots." I laugh and he shakes his head with a grin. "This place is amazing gray." I comment as i admire the view. "No you're amazing Mani. And im glad I am here with you tonight." He grabs my hand and I blush.

"Im sorry about everything too. For not telling you about Sam and-" "it's okay. Let's not talk about that tonight." I interrupt and he smiles and then server comes back with a bottle of champagne.

***

"So, tell me about your family." I say as I sip from my glass and his jaw seems to clench and he clears his throat and nods. "Um okay, what do you want to know?" He asks and i set down my glass and think.

"Dolan, why does your last name sound sorta familiar in a way?" I ask with curiosity and he shrugs. "Um I don't know, very uncommon." He says looking at his plate and I narrow my eyes.
"What about your pare-" ring ring. I was Interrupted by his phone and be rolls his eyes and puts up a finger.

"I'm sorry I need to take this." He whispers and walks away from the table and i sigh. "Um excuse me where is he restroom?" I ask a waiter and he kindly points towards the end of the restaurant and i thank him and walk inside.

As i turn a corner i walk down rich brown colored hall with picture all down the wall. And one framed photo seemed to immediately grab my attention. It was Grayson, and two other people. His parents? Then another photo next to it, also Grayson, except his hair was shaggier and more chizzled, maybe when he was younger.

I look at the photos and smile, but then my mind wonders with curiosity of why alot of the photos were of him. I shrug off the thought and turn to go into the bathroom when someone almost bumped into me.

"Oh my, miss I apologize." A deep voice spoke and i looked up with a confused look and he smiles. I look hard at the man and cock my head to the side admiring his features when he lifted a brow.

"I don't mean to be rude but, may i help you." His voice was like velvet and was similar to Grayson, but more soothing and not as raspy. "I'm sorry, you look like someone I know." I shake my head and he shrugs. "I get that alot." He chuckles and I nod. "Well if you'll excuse me, it was nice bumping into you." He extends his hand i to him.

He lays his lips on the back of my hand and walks away and my eyes follow him as he walks down the hall.

My mouth was agape and my eyes wide as i tried to wrap my fucking head around what just happened. I swear that was Grayson, kinda, sorta, maybe? No obviously fucking not.

I quickly head back to the table without using the bathroom, and tried to look for the familiar face in the crowd of people dining peacefully.

"Mani? Where were you?" Grayson grabs my hand as I look about and my eyebrows furrow together as I stare at him. "I- i went to the bathroom." I say sitting down and he lifts a brow.

"Are you okay you seem lost." He sorts chuckles and i hesitate to answer. "Um yea, totally, I'm fine." I lie and he nods and we continue with our lovely evening.

To be continued...