Heartbreak Girl

"I'm in-in love with her, Ed." Taylor managed to stutter.

At last, she had fessed up about her feelings for Karlie. Feelings that had since been long lost, long buried in the back of her mind, developing under the category she had grown to call lust or sexual attraction.

Now that she realised it, it sounded so undeniable. So surreal. She never expected to fall for her, she never wanted to fall for Karlie, but wasn't that the way love works? When you fall for someone, in the most unexpected manner, at the most unexpected time and with a person, you'd never imagine yourself with.

Taylor suddenly realized that Ed had been gawking at her, with his mouth gaping open, his eyes that held shock and judgement. Judgement that Taylor had never expected to come from him; not from her best friend.

"Ed. Say something. Please." She gazed at Ed's face, who still hadn't recovered from the shock of Taylor's oh so sudden declaration. Taylor couldn't possibly go on from there without Ed's support; his insight and analysis of the situation meant the world to Taylor.

"Taylor, are you sure?" Was all he managed to mumble, his hands finding their way to Taylor's.

"More sure of it than the fact that my next album would work out." Taylor smiled, a smile that was extremely genuine, quite different from the ones that would normally be seen plastered on magazine covers and online chatter.

"I-I wasn't aware." Ed continued, "of the fact that you had different preferences." He coughed as he glanced at Taylor, taking in her expression as she tried to process it all in.

Ed, judging her for being in love with Karlie? The same Ed, that she wrote songs with, the same Ed that she could hangout with, whenever nobody was around? The same Ed, that she could tell all of her dark secrets, her failed flings and even handled her whenever she was at her alcoholic worst?

"E-Ed, y-you are not ashamed of me, are you?" Taylor asked him, brushing her hands over his.

"Of course not! Merlin's beard, Taylor, how can you have such a thought? I love you, no matter what. And for Miss Kloss, I'd say she's gained a determined lover." He smiled, giving a peek of his perfectly developed canines.

"Alright. Ed, what should I do now?" Taylor brushed off her fringes to the side, as she glanced over at him, while he was intently gazing at the microphone.

"You know what? I think you should go tell her. Tell her how you feel. Tell her how much you desire her, how much you need her, want her by your side. Confess your love, Taylor!" He almost yelled out the last part, surprising Taylor.

Ginger seems to be on his day, it seems.

"Just go and tell her?" Taylor questioned him, as she gathered herself and stood up.

"Yes, go tell her. How much you love her, how you cannot get enough of her. TELL HER, Taylor Swift." He emphasised as he zipped up his guitar and turned around to hold her hand.

"You're going to tell her and I'm sure she cannot deny such a pretty girl now, can she?" He gave her a small kiss on the cheeks, that left Taylor flustered for a moment.

Where would she be without Ed?

***

Almost panting and hardly stopping for a moment, Taylor ran to her car, fumbling for the keys in her handbag.

She's going to tell Karlie and there's no stopping her.

"Won't we be escorting you?" Her chauffeur yelled after her, as Taylor slid into the driver's seat and turned in the ignition.