She Calls It Quits

"Josh! We're gonna be late."

Karlie called out to her fiancée, who was in the bedroom, getting ready.

"I told you not to stay up that late at night. And you simply never listen."

Karlie stated, as she goes through her Twitter.

Since morning, she has been going through articles and news about Taylor.

Taylor Swift, established songwriter, gets back with ex beau, Harry Styles from One Direction.

She noticed several tweets on Twitter, most of them hating on Taylor for getting back with Harry again.

Karlie was always in awe as to how many haters Taylor could possibly have. She did understand that some people might point out the age difference but then, wasn't that the stupidest thing ever?

Secondly, what did the fangirls expect Harry to do? Date them?

Karlie rolls her eyes and sighs as she is once again, lost in her thoughts.

Personally, Karlie was more than petrified when she saw Harry and Taylor back together. Of course, it was swiftly replaced by this monster, green eyed jealousy.

Karlie remembered how broken Taylor was, how vulnerable, fragile and distanced she was when Harry and her had called it off.

And she did not want history to repeat itself twice.

She suddenly stopped scrolling as she saw an older picture of Taylor, during one of her old albums when she had those beautiful, wavy curls and those immature quirks of someone young, who had just made it in the industry.

Smiling to herself, she saved it on her phone as Josh walked in.

"So... Where are my shoes?"

Josh asked her, scratching the back of his neck as he looked around fervently for his shoes.

"Second cabinet, last drawer."

Karlie laughed at her boyfriend, as she instructed him.

He nodded as he went off to find them. Typical Josh, always forgetting where he kept his shoes.

To be honest, Karlie was satisfied with the relationship. In most ways. The sex was good, he was understanding, rich, power yielding and most of all, he treated her like a princess. What more could a girl ask for, right?

But then, Karlie always had this nagging feeling in the back of her mind.

She felt no sparks when he smiled, no particular attraction for his personality, the currents of electricity that were supposed to be experienced when he touched her. In all truthfulness, he was just another human being to her, a great friend in all ways but someone who should've been miles away from being her lover.

"Taylor Alison Swift : A Teenage Tragedy or Pop Sensation?"

The headlines of a magazine in front of her captioned a photo of Taylor's outside of Cara's apartment.

Karlie picked it up from the reading table and continued on.

"Crap."

She muttered under her breath after a few minutes as she threw it back on the couch.

Bloody media persons, talking nonsense about Taylor, when they didn't even know her half a hair.

"What's wrong, Karlie?"

Josh asked her, as he seated himself next to her on the couch, tying his shoelaces.

"Nothing, just paps printing lies again. About Taylor."

She sighed as she held her head in her hands.

"Well, not exactly. You see, sometimes, just sometimes, the guys can get hold of some true stuff. "

He replied as he put together the shoelaces on his right shoe.

"What do you mean?"

Karlie countered.

Was Josh possibly defending the paparazzi and not her best friend?

"I mean, c'mon! Look at this! She's apparently a slut to the entire music industry. And she has been hardly sober ever since our announcement! Also, getting back with Styles? She just wants her shot to fame back, doesn't she? New inspiration for the next songs, that's all Harry will ever be. Wonder why the bloke's even bothering to take care of that whore."

He stated as she got up and checked his suit for his wallet and car keys.

"I-I just can't believe you said that, Joshua. Is that what you think about her? "

Karlie stammered as she averted her gaze at him. Her eyes held disappointment and frustration, her own boyfriend bitching about Taylor behind her back?

"Who would want to work with a drunk up artist? Nobody! All she's upto is bedding models and singers and celebrities. Not like the Cara scandal went unnoticed, it didn't. She seems such an attention seeker, to be honest. Which is why, I do not want you anywhere around that dyke."

He held his car keys in his palm, as he made his way to the door.

Karlie stood glued to her seat on the couch, her mind still trying to take in all of what Josh said. She literally cringed at the word dyke.

Is that what he actually thought of her friend? Taylor, who had actually helped her through the worst of times and celebrate her best?

On the other hand, who was Josh, to tell her to stay away from Taylor? Hell, she couldn't even pass a day without talking to her on the phone or seeing her in the gym.

"Should get going, anyways. Get moving, Karls."

He held out a hand for her to take, as his other hand flattened his tie.

"What, so you're unhappy now that I said a few honest words about your snotty little friend? You're so much better than her, I swear, Karlie. We are getting late now. Or don't you want to get wine for the wedding guests?"

His expression changed from one of cheerfulness to that of downright irritation.

"We don't need wine for the guests."

She stated simply as she kicked off her heels.

Josh stood there with one hand on the doorknob and the other fumbling with the car keys, about to question her decision.

Karlie's emerald eyes transfixed on Josh's dark ones, an angry expression crept up her face as her lips quivered to find the correct words.

"Because there's not going to be a wedding. I call it quits, Kushner."

---------------------------

Man, you need to stop asking me to update. I have exams going on right now for God's sakes.

Maybe an update later this week or summat.

Oh, and yeah. I have new Kaylor one shots up, so you could maybe check it out if you like. And yes, for those of you creeps who like R-rated stuff, I assure you, you won't be disappointed. *sighs*

Ok. Wait for it...

A. New. Kaylor. Fanfic.

Coming soon.

Kbyethatzall.