Flashbacks

Taylor stood on a hospital bench, her hands cupping her blotched face as she realised that there were actually no more tears to shed.

Last night had to be the worst nightmare, she thought as she shivered on remembering the sight where Karlie had been hit, her body sprawled on the floor with such excessive blood flowing, that even now in the morning, she had blood stains all over her top and her jeans were wet of it.

Her worst fears had come to life when the doctors said that supposing she didn't make through the surgery conveniently, she might end up in a coma for a time unbeknownst to anyone of them. Hearing that, Taylor had slumped back in her seat, her emotions taking the better of her.

It was times like these that she prayed for the existence of dead friends, like Abigail or Ella. Or anybody, really atleast someone who can make her think and focus on something else.

Someone like Ed Sheeran.

Sniffing, she picked up her phone and called the ginger haired boy. After multiple rings, she gave up, thinking that the man might be having gigs or concerts which she had been so blissful to be ignorant about.

She glanced around her, only to return to staring back at her crimson red shoes, stained by the dark blood. Everyone around her, seemed even much more miserable, more melancholy than she was. But there was one thing that they had that she craved for right now.

Family.

She had got up a few times, pacing around the waiting room and mumbling to herself.

If it hadn't been my fault, she might probably be in a posh hotel, having a hearty breakfast.

But of course, fate had something else in store for the couple.

Taylor had called Austin, informing him about the accident and asking him to come over, bring her a change of clothes and most importantly, unflinching emotional support. Austin decided to take his sweet ass time to come up, she checked her watch, he should've been there half an hour ago.

She gazed at the doors, hoping that it would be swung open any minute now and her younger brother would enwrap her in his arms, telling her that it would be alright and soon, everything would be okay once Karlie makes it out of surgery.

Her light blue eyes were now bloodshot, rosy cheeks that were so used to being puffed up in a playful manner had hollowed in and the entire form of her face was pale to the point, she could've been compared to the old characters from the Bible yet she would have taken no offence, since she was herself so aware of the fact that she looked like a girl, who had just seen her beloved girlfriend in an accident.

"Taylor!"

She immediately glanced up at the sound of her name, standing up weakly when she saw Austin come in with her bags.

"Taylor Alison Swift!"

Another voice followed him, this one a bit crude and harsh such that were like shards of glass to your ears.

Andrea Swift walked in, with Scott at her heels. Her face was covered by dark glares, which hardly did cover her face given that she was rotund such. Scott, all sweaty and nervous from the driving that he had done, hurried upto Taylor and wrapped her in a bone crushing hug.

"Is she alright?"

He asked, when he let go. His grey eyes frowned upon the ocean blue ones that belonged to his daughter, still emanating streams of tears.

"She's in surgery now. Chances are slim but the doctors hope that she can make it."

Taylor broke down again, this time slipping back into her seat and holding her head in her hands, biting down her tongue to prevent her from tearing up more but of no help, it was.